Best/Worst Network Promo Campaigns

• Members

That promo, was so upsetting - it was beginning of the nightmare of being a day-behind, and things like spoilers didn't match anymore. (Only good part was if there was a national partial country preemption, there was a chance for others to get a morning tape from the next day.)

I can watch something and think oh that story wasn't good, but I enjoyed the performances. The problem is if it is a movie a few hours of not-so-good story while annoying is only a short amount of time, the clone was months, and did a number on Josh Lewis. 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The Heat of Heat was Summer 1986. Addicted to Love was Summer 1987.

I didn't know until this thread that the Summer 1986 promos used an actual song. I thought it was a composition by the CBS music department. Shows how little I know about mid-1980s pop music

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by kalbir

• Members

It almost seems they used anyone who was in the studio that day..I mean, Frankie D is going to get people in NY to tune in at 10 a.m. (Of course, Frankie probably made a special trip in to film that as he woulda cleaned the toilets to stay on that show...) Also, Kimmer looks like she has no make up on!!!

• Members

LOL! "Frankie D."  So unappealing. When he tilts his head like a kindergarten teacher enticing his students to sing the alphabet.  (P.S. They should've brought in Rick Hearst or even Robert Newman) 

I think Zimmer is sporting her "Rebecca" extensions. Or was indeed pulled right off the streets of New York as she was enjoying a lighthearted summer day. 

Wendy Moniz is rockin' it though. 

Please register in order to view this content

So deliciously 90's. 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

Agreed..Moniz has it going and of course, Zaz can do anything..Zimmer, I was suprised that she would have agreed to do it without her makeup, but maybe they pulled her out of happy hour and she said, "What the hell!!!Let's do this quick so I can get on with my day!"  Frankie...I know this is not nice, but God only knows who he was putting out with to keep his job...(I kid, I kid..I really think he ended up paying them to keep him on...)

• Members

Some promos I really liked. From Australian soap Neighbours

Home and Away

Sunset Beach

They also did the ‘Does Your Mamma Know You’re Watching?’ campaign in 1998. Anyone remember those promos?

Edited by Ben