The Hills Have Eyes (2006)

Drew

• Members

So, who's seen it? Definitely the best horror movie I've seen in years! I actually left the theatre genuinly shaking! Horror movies never do that to me. Plus .. you know its gotta be good when a chunk of the audience I saw it with walked out during the most horrific & intense part (the trailer attack). LOL. Wussies!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WOW. I saw it yesterday and was riveted. I absolutely loved the performances - there wasn't a weak link in the cast, but I think Vinessa Shaw as Lynn really stood out. She was strong to the bitter - and boy was it bitter - end. I also liked the whole thing with Ruby.

• Members

I was watching it there in complete and utter shock. My mouth couldn't have been open any wider.

4 kids walked out infront of me. a couple to my right followed soon after. Then looking across you saw a bunch more running out.

You know when people leave a horror movie in its most frightening and disturing moment it's gotta be good!

• Members

I saw it tonight and my partner and I walked out during the trailer scene. I was disgusted by it, and half the theater was filled with kids, many under 10. I don't even care how it ended up, but that was 10 solid minutes of gratuitous violence and I didn't care for it at all. And if the human violence wasn't enough, the guy bit the parrot's head off and drank the blood. I have two parents that I've raised since babies, so that was the last straw for me. I think you can be scary and creepy without be so intensely violent and gross.

• Members

LOL - it's intense. As I said, I left that movie scared shitless, and if I got scared shitless - it's not a tame movie.

and ya know, I have no sympathy for the children in the audience. Shame on you as a parent bringing a child into an NC-17 movie! And shame on your for allowing her to constantly disrupt my movie experience with her running in and out of the theatre during scary parts when you should have taken her to see The Shaggy Dog!

• Members

I totally agree. All these "family" organizations across America are out boycotting TV Shows like Book of Daniel or DH, but they probably need to be teaching some parenting skills. You don't bring young kids to this kind of movie. And the things is, I left, but none of them did. Those kids will probably all have nightmares tonight.

Archived