What Are You Watching/Binging/Streaming Now?

applcin

Just finished Ackley Bridge. Season #4 drops in quality. It's just ok, invaded by a sea of new faces. While none of the new characters are bad even Kayla. They end up domaining the series. Many of the older characters are reduced to extras. Sam, Spud, Hayley and Rukhsana suffered from this the most. The show feels like it's covering the same old ground. Season #5 does vastly improve in quality. While never reaching the glorious highs of the first three seasons. Through all this Mandy, Martin and Kaneez grounded the chaotic goings on.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by victoria foxton

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Watching Dahmer - Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story. There are really no surprises. It covers the same ground. Seen in a multitude of docs and movies. Yet it's very engaging and well executed. I do think it unintentionally glamorizes and sexualizes the murders. The episode spotlighting one of Jeffery's victims (Tony Anthony Hughes) who was a deaf mute, was one the series best episodes. The soundtrack of mostly late 80's jams is great.

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

Still on The Good Fight (seasons 4-5 kinda went off the rails, with some good moments mixed in). S6 is somewhat of a return to form. Andre Braugher has become a good addition, even though that show likes to run a joke into the ground, and Audra McDonald is actually eclipsing Christine Baranski as the show’s MVP. (Not through any fault of CB, but again, this show doesn’t know when a joke has lost its freshness. Audra keeps going from strength to strength. What an incredible screen actress she is! Funny, sexy, strong, PISSED OFF—she does it all so well.)

• Members

Oh lord...not Ally McBeal! lol. Because from what little I've seen of CB on THE GOOD WIFE, she definitely played it to the hilt so Ally could be...exhausting from what I remember of that show. 

Good to hear about Audra. It moves up in my show rotation on your recommendation.

• Members

Great Kiwi Bake Off Season 4 right now

Shortland Street September 2022

Smallville Season 6… sooo good.

Home and Away

the amazing race season 20… I forgot what kind of a crybaby Rachel from Big Brother was. I never watched TAR regularly and started like 3 years ago and now I’m on season 20.

Edited by AMCOLTLLover