DAYS recasting popular character with Y&R actress

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How is that Ron's call though? And why?

I can understand Ron not wanting to write for Steve but it was a matter of negotiations, it's not like they fired Stephen Nichols. They lowballed Nichols and he didn't want a pitiful guarantee, some of the same reasons Reckell walked when he did. MBE accepted whatever pitiful guarantee they offered her.

• Members

Agreed. He can stay away Y&R. GH is far too bloated as it is but that hasn't stopped them before but I doubt they have any interest.

DAYS is where he belongs. I understand and appreciate how he wants more to do but at this point, if you want to be on the show, take the deal, wait it out and you'll get something better later. But I get it. He likely, like Reckell, doesn't feel valued. But many vets have 'sucked it up' and taken a lesser guarantee. But I respect him for walking away as much as I wish he'd just take a new deal.

• Members

Truth be told, as much as I loved Steve and Kayla BITD, I would rather they ride off into the sunset together.  The '80's super couples just aren't as effective on the DAYS of today.

• Members

Stephen Nichols never worked on Y&R.

I love Patch and I think DAYS is less without him and Kayla. I think they still have value to offer. But most recent regimes never seem to know how to write for them. That said, I agree with KMan.

• Members

That's because 1) it's not 1988 anymore and 2) the kind of stories where they worked the most are both expensive to produce and completely out of favor with today's demographics.

But that doesn't mean he fit in on Y&R's canvas.  I mean, Steve Burton's character was turned into Paul and Nikki's son, but neither that plot twist nor Dylan in general made any sort of real impression on the show.  Dylan's been virtually erased from Y&R's memory, yet he isn't missed at all.  That says something.

• Members

I say Eileen or nothing.

As for SN, other than whoever was writing around Ava's first run and Griffith I think I don't think any of the writer regimes know what to do with Patch and Kayla. Which is sad cuz I like them. Heck, there is so much to write for them now IMHO. They should not have completely healed the rift they had over the Tripp/Joey drama for example. Start organic from there and see where it goes. 

Archived