Memorable Soap Moments That People Loved...but You Thought Were Cheesy

• Members

LOL.....Yes that line about a pile of hair was hilarious. You know that Terry Lester probably ad libbed that. What scenes I saw of Vanessa Prentiss funeral on Y&R. Tom Ligon as Lucas went a little over the top by throwing open his mothers casket and screaming at Lorie "look what you did to my mother". 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ATWT- Those scenes of Holden braying at Lily and Dusty, presumably making love in Dusty's cottage.  They were supposed to look like Heathcliff on the moor (which was likely supposed to evoke some type of 80s version of Wuthering Heights vs. Stanley Kowalski of Streetcar) but it was over the top and cheesy.

First of all, Jon Hensley just didn't have the range to pull those scenes off , second those clips that played out over Holden's constant yelling were not really happening, they were playing out in the recesses of Holden's mind, robbing the scenes of any true power, yet it took awhile for this to become clear since the sequence was so muddled.  In the end it was an unnecessary scene since Holden really could've stayed at home and drove himself crazy imagining Dusty and Lily's lovemaking.  

I wanted someone in the area to open their window and yell "Whoever's screaming at this time of night, shut the hell up or I'm calling the cops!"

• Members

Don't recall those scenes specifically, but Lord, did JH serve up a LOT of cheese early in his career. Who can forget the scene in a thunderstorm where he rips off his shirt and yells as lightening dramatically arcs behind him...?

• Members

It was pretty decent the first time it aired given the mess of the show going on at the time and was Jim Houghton's last hurrah for the show. But, as the possibly the most repeated episode Y&R episode ever (CBS re-aired it at least five times between 2006-2010!) it didn't age well, complete with the silly "Sheila disguised as Brenda" scene to boot.

Archived