"Family Matters" cast reunion photo(s)

• Members

In the EW article wasn't Jo Marie Payton asked what she'd like to see from a reunion/reboot? I thought she mentioned that she'd like to ask something like "Where is Judy?" and then have Judy walk down the stairs.

I know it was presented in a humorous way but I think she was being genuine. Or at least I chose to see it that way.

There's no way that FM could do the type of show that it evolved into in its original run, with times being what they are, even the youngest cast members being mature now, with other shows like Black-ish capturing the public's attention, FM would have to present a reboot that is somewhat grounded in the times. 

Carl Winslow is likely by now, retired from the Police Department but, a Black family living in Chicago? There's no way the issue of police violence against Black communities could escape notice.

If FM were ever to return, it would have to be a different show. Hopefully better.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

True. They would be very real and noticeable losses if the show ever got a reboot.

Speaking of sequels, I just read that there is a possibility of a Coming To America sequel (speaking of dearly departed actresses, Madge Sinclair would be deeply missed from that sequel!) and I always remember Rosetta Lenoire had a small but poignant role in that film, a very sweet scene between Lenoire and Eddie Murphy.  What an accomplished actress she was!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I totally see the resemblance, but that was Birdie Hale in that subway scene.  My friend used to work at her agency,  he said she was such a sweetheart.  I don't remember her on Loving, but she played Minnie when Louise Stubbs wasn't in the role.

Madge Sinclair was such an elegant beauty.  She and Roxie Roker reminded me of one another.  I remember seeing The Lion King in the theatre and smiling when I immediately recognized her voice.  I LOVE that they cast her as queen to JEJ's king yet again.

• Members

Oh wow, you're right, I see the difference. I guess that phrase "memories don't live like people do" really is true!  I stand corrected.

Madge Sinclair and Roxie Roker have that Caribbean carriage for sure!  Ms. Sinclair was from the same parish in Jamaica as my mom, except my mom is from the countryside. Sinclair, in particular holds a special place in our family, we were truly sad when she passed away.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...