Sign in to follow this  
Bright Eyes

Film Awards Thread

1 hour ago, Toups said:

PARASITE!!!  What a night! 🙌   Best Picture, Best Director, Best Original Screenplay, and Best Intentional film.  History was made tonight.   A non-English speaking film/all Korean cast just won Best Picture.  That is unbelievable. 

Bong Joon Ho deserves that drink.  😂  Has anyone ever won more than 2 or 3 Oscars in one night?

"Up! Up! Up! Up" - love that moment. 

image.gif

That’s two Oscar wins now for the Joker character - both very well deserved.   Heath is still my favourite Joker. 

Good. I guess I should put PARASITE on hold fast at the library since now everyone will want to see it. lol.

1 hour ago, Khan said:

And yet, despite all those wins for "Parasite," all the acting wins went to white people.

10505286_10203251187298796_8996198193427082114_n.jpg

Joking aside, it does seem like someone was trying to slyly make a statement after last year's event.

7 hours ago, Taoboi said:

Joking aside, it does seem like someone was trying to slyly make a statement after last year's event.

Yes, and the statement was, "White Power!".

On 2/10/2020 at 12:58 AM, BetterForgotten said:

It's an elite club - James L. Brooks, James Cameron, Ethan Cohen, Joel Cohen, Francis Ford Coppola, Marvin Hamlisch, Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh, and now Bong Joon-ho have all won 3 in one night.

The record is held by Walt Disney, though, who won 4 in 1953 - Best Documentary (Feature), Best Documentary (Short), Best Short Subject (Cartoon), and Best Short Subject (Two Reel). Though, many of these categories no longer exist or are renamed, and none of them are the major categories. 

Thanks!

So BJH doesn't get an Oscar for Best International Film?  No person gets a trophy, just the movie wins?  I thought he won 4 but apparently not.