Netflix: Cobra Kai: Karate Kid TV Series Sequel

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The most important aspect is the fact that the creators of Cobra Kai knew those original characters, inside and out.  They watched and studied those films, especially the first one. 

It's not like soaps where any old hack who has never even watched the show then proceeds to 'write' for the show (I'm looking at you, Hogan Sheffer! ). 

The Cobra Kai creators took the time to learn all there was to know about the original Karate Kid movie's premise and built a strong foundation from that. 

• Members

Wow, this show must truly be a big success if YouTube is going to make it free to watch with ads!  Advertisers must be willing to pay a good rate for this to be possible. 

I'm not surprised though, anyone who saw my post about the product placement deals CK was raking in. I bet there is more where that came from.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

It is with great sadness that I share the loss of my Cobra Kai brother, Rob Garrison. It’s hard to recall all of the memories that we’ve shared since we filmed Karate Kid in 1983. Rob and I were Aquarian brothers, he was just a few days older than me. The days on set, the car rides, the laughs...the bond that #karatekid has created for @ralph_macchio , @martinkove , and the 5 of us is forever. Rest In Peace my dear friend.

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, closeup

• 8 months later...