B&B: August 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OMG - the visual!!!

I'm sorry to say that I do not miss the show one bit. Even the reading the dailies sound awful - particularly everything they've done with $B. Good grief - from the disgusting C2 lie to the illogical David/Goliath mustache twirling with the property. Um, CJ could easily take a huge profit and rent any one of a number of warehouses in LA. Sally1 would be proud of CJ for making bank off of the Spencers and helping keep/fund Spectra2 alive. I get the nostalgia aspect, but S1 was shrewd, practical and would do anything to make a big payout - especially if it was legit and could keep the business thriving! Makes NO SENSE at all. 

• Members

There was a recent episode with Bill and Liam discussing the "Caroline is dying lie" and it was so obvious that the show wants Dollar Bill to be this show's Victor Newman.  There was an exchange between those two that easily could have been recycled dialogue between The Mustache and [insert a character].  The problem is that Dollar Bill is too much of a joke to be Victor Newman.  Don Diamont was so channeling Eric Braeden, minus the mumbles during that scene.

• Members

Just turned the show on. First line of the episode

Eric: "Sheila, my god....Quinn you killed her!"

NOPE!

Please register in order to view this content

ETA: So I did end up keeping the show on and watched. This show is insane. The doctor tells them that Sheila has a concussion and needs to be waken every 2 hours so Eric invites her to stay at the mansion. WTF? Why cant he hire a private nurse for her? There is blood and glass on the floor, the living room is a mess and furniture is wrecked.  His wife, Quinn, doesnt feel safe around Sheila and on the flipside, Quinn knocked her out. Clearly these women should not be living under the same room, you f--king, stupid old fool. Makes ZERO damn sense

Which is the theme of the show. The building should not be that important. My god, she let Thomas completely redesin the logo, which should have been a bigger deal bc that was symbolic of Spectras' identity, not the building, which means nothing to the media and fanbase. She's not even the lead designer anymore, Thomas is, so fashions are no longer her creative vision. That a major drive for her when she came to town soif she can give that up, why cant she do it all from a different space?

• Members

I've just caught up on this week and the Sheila/Quinn catfight on Monday was [!@#$%^&*] brilliant. I know shows don't do them these days because of the cost of stunt performers and I also find them a bit dated unless there's strong enough conflict to warrant it but it was really well produced. I also thought the way the scenes were written and choreographed put both characters on a pretty level playing field which tbh I don't think B&B has done with two characters since Sheila/Stephanie. I liked that Quinn went for it and didn't continue down the rather out of character snivelling routine she's done for months.

But. They really do need to write Sheila more subtly. They could still play these story beats and make them even more compelling if she was just a little less obvious in her chasing after Eric. 

The rest of the show is barely holding my interest. I think the Bill/Caroline plot is typically facile - how would they not get caught out? There could be interesting conflict if Brooke was pulled into it too but I don't see that happening because Brad has nothing to give KKL these days, he'd rather use Steffy.

The Spectras are in holding pattern - Courtney Hope really is the shining star though. The show is extremely lucky to have her...for now.

• Members

@JamesF I was surprised in recaps that Brooke hasn't been drawn in. She would be outraged that $B would manufacture the dying card. Brooke historically has had a good relationship with DumbAs and he is RJ's brother. Brooke may 'follow her very big and open heart,' but she doesn't play these type of evil games. Having Brooke, who does serve as a balance for $B, involved would certainly flesh out what is such a one-dimensional s/l. 

• Members

Eric is a damn fool falling for Sheila's amateur scheming. Seriously, this is stuff I'd expect out of someone of Coco's experience.

Sheila sure didnt seem pleased to see James. Did she have bad history with him last time they interacted?

Again why is Liam as Vice President interviewing Sally? Didnt he JUST interview her? Why is he doing another?

• Members

I've just read recaps this week...I turned it on one day...and before I turned it off I saw a recycled scene.  Did Caroline really come from New York to LA to see Bill and have the same conversation they've had repeatedly????  I laughed.  "I just can't GO through with this!"  Yes you can.  I can't do this to Thomas! Yes you will!  Go back to New York to be with Thomas!  I can't!  You WILL! 

Changed the channel.  Just awful.  You couldn't have had that conversation on the phone??? 

Archived