• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm loving this. I think it's a great turn for the character. How used to propping must you be in order to make posts like this when you're in a soap and, you know, do soapy things?

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

From a 2013 post on the same website

I’ve never hedged my bets when it comes to my beautiful and very talented friend and neighbor, Maria Bell, who is part of one of Hollywood’s royal families.  The award-winning Bel Air socialite, who gave “The Young and the Restless” some of its most compelling stories has moved on since Sony Studios foolishly replaced her with those, who have failed miserably at several shows.  But, like a Bell, Maria picked up, created her own production company, Vitameatavegamin, which comes from the “I Love Lucy” vitamin tonight, she and Ethel created, and she’s now on to bigger and better things, including pitching a dynamic story to The Oprah Winfrey Network....

....So, Maria also stated in her interview that she has her detractors. That’s just fine, because her loyalists and admirers far outweigh those who may seek to watch her fail.  Who cares about them, they are watching her, not the other way around. The blonde stunner is too busy making her way in Tinseltown.  While others are gossiping and slandering this dame, she’s making life better not only for herself and her family, and her fans, but also for many who are underprivileged in Los Angeles County, and spreading the Arts all over the city.

• Members

WTF is this weak ass, snivelling IG post?

Please register in order to view this content

Is he begging for his life?? DG is really playing both sides: while he begs his fans to fawgive meeeee, he is also posting next week's teaser and promoting the story hard. He loves being centre of attention and hes just stoking the talk around him imo. Trust and believe he is telling his bosses how much he loves his SL as I type.

• Members

God, I miss Bill Bell.  He'd just tell 'em to STFU and say the lines, recast their roles or just plain kill 'em off.

One side of me says DG sees this as the first step toward his eventual dismissal from the show.  His chances of having an acting career outside of the show are nonexistent, and he knows it.  But the other side...?  It says he's complaining, because this is probably the first time (in a long time, if not ever) he's been asked to put in actual effort and, like, acting is hard, y'know?

• Members

I mean, I don't care for him but DG has already had a long career. He put in years not just here but on his syndicated sci-fi show (Beastmaster). Worst case he sucks it up, goes back to Australia and probably still gets some work here and there. But I doubt he's been poorly compensated for at least a decade of steady work. What a wuss. This is the most interesting his character's ever been.

• Members

My view on the Lane marriage has always been that they fell in love with what the other person represented, with the role they played -- but not with each other. I still feel even after SL swings and infidelities, that Lily and Cane still don't quite know or understand each other as they actually are. They are the kind of couple who sort of come alive when they have an audience of people (friends, family members), in front of whom they can perform Happy Families and "Oh you silly!" Part of it is because Lily is such a one-dimensional good girl, and that Cane's entire backstory is a shady question-mark of rewrites and Australian Sheep Mafia. In a way, that can make an interesting story in of itself... but I don't think it was ever Y&R's intention to have the Lane relationship resemble (in small ways) the one in Gone Girl.

Archived