Y&R: May 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Tuesday (US) was a solid show, even with a couple of plot holes in the Dina story, which is the best thing going. Victor/Ashley are still gold. I hope there are many more like it. And MM/CG looked so much more comfortable when their characters aren't finding ways to degrade each other. Leave that to MM/CK - they always seem to have fun when they are going at it and it makes sense for the characters.  

• Members

The pacing is still way off, but lately the show doesn't feel as disjointed to me for some reason.  It's getting somewhat of a rhythm back.  Now if they could just tell some decent stories lol.

I'm here for Evil Cane.  Way better than that bland Aussie good guy, and there's ample history between him and Billy to justify what he did in LA.  Completely.  They have been bitching at each other for friggin YEARS, at least now one of them is putting their money where their mouth is.

I'm enjoying the Dina stuff.  Marla has chemistry with every single person she's interacted with during this visit.  Love that.  I want to see her tell Gloria a thing or two before she's leaves town.  They really need to ask her to stay on, even recurring.  As someone else mentioned, the Abbots need her as head of the family.

And lastly.  I love Mishael.  That is all. 

• Members

For the Dina story to be done well it has to include Veronica Redd, Jess Walton & Beth Maitland.

Y&R shouldn't even have attempted a story of that magnitude and reduce it to just Jack, Ashley & Abby (with a glorified cameo from Traci).

That would be like telling a Fenmore's story without Joanna, Scotty and Fen. Oh wait....

• Members

But these stories are all really about Gloria, no? Fenmores became about Gloria. I have no doubt the Dina story will end up being about Gloria. It should have been Jill who ran into Dina at the Athletic Club. They can only use Maitland for two days but Chapman gets episode after episode.

• Members

Caught yourself didn't you?

Please register in order to view this content

Don't remind us of the hatchet job Sally Sussman has done with promised stories.

I keep waiting to hear a voice over saying..."THE ROLE OF JILL ABBOT IS NOW BEING PLAYED BY GLORIA AND THE ROLE OF TRACI ABBOT IS BEING PLAYED BY GLORIA TOO".  That way Judith Chapman gets to play 3 roles.

a min too many...IMO

• Members

While I agree that too much Judith Chapman is bad, all this complaining about her is a head scratcher. Her screen time has been cut back considerably.

Speaking of cut air time, where the hell is Ravi? Have we seen the last of him? I'm not that nuts about his story, but I hate seeing ramped-up stories dropping off the ends of the earth.

• Members

Agreed, JC hasn't been seen much lately and her place in the Fenmore's story was a WTF move.  But if they used the character in the right stories to stir the pot, it wouldn't be a bad thing IMO.

I was just wondering that about Ravi as well.  Looks like the higher ups weren't feeling it.

• Members

Instead of winding up the Lane nuts he should be welcoming this material, its kept him and Khalil frontburner and actually playing something interesting. If he wants to keep bitching and stirring stans up he needs to get shown the door.

I loved the Victor & Ashley scenes Tuesday 

Please register in order to view this content

Mishael Morgan in red 

I also liked the slight hint of jealousy coming from Nick over Sharon and Scott from Monday's episode. I'd be game for a Nick & Sharon triangle where he has to fight for her instead of the usual play

• Members

Poor DG. He gets to do something else than make out with CK in her underwear for a paycheck. The kids must have been devestated when the supermarket demanded some answers about Cane's mob family or him posing as Straight Phillip for years.  

• Members

@DaytimeFan Thank you for that Jill/Dina/Kay clip. I'd never seen it - I missed most of 90s until Billy/Mac came on the scene. I still believe grounding the Abbott family with Dina as the head would help. Unlike Gloria, Dina's ties to all the key families in town run deep.  And, yes, to all who said JW needs to be here for this - now I get it. Somehow in Sally's mind she's swapped one old lady (Jill) for another (Dina), now that Gloria is no longer old because of Jack.

Archived