"The Conners" Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Right. The show could film a body double for Roseanne from behind, leaving the hospital with Dan after the surgery. Suddenly, she gets hit by a swerving Trump/Pence campaign vehicle. Cut to a scene six months later, with Darlene lamenting the fact that the out-of-control Donald Trump bus was the death of her mom.

Voila, the show is ready to continue one without Ms. Barr.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by vetsoapfan

• Members

Time jump with a passing mention of Rosanne running off with a group of pu$$y grabbing groupies to find Donald.  Center the show around Darlene and then find an older female to add to the cast for Dan.  Has to be someone dynamic and no, not that drunk hillbilly, Bret Whatserface! 

I've already pitched my idea to ABC via Twitter, so we'll see.  

• Members

If this were to come to pass, they would HAVE to kill off Roseanne.  Just like they had to kill off Edith Bunker on "Archie Bunker's Place" after Jean Stapleton told the producers she wasn't coming back.  Otherwise, to paraphrase Carroll O'Connor, if they keep her alive but off the show, viewers will keep asking when she will be back.

Plus, I think Roseanne's death might open up new story avenues for all the Connors, with Darlene stepping reluctantly into the role as the family's new matriarch.  (I'd also like to see a new love interest for her, but that's neither here nor there.)

Yep.  There could be complications -- maybe an infection or something that starts in the affected area but soon travels to the bloodstream and eventually the heart.  You know, kind of like what happened to that one kid in "A Separate Peace"?

Edited by Khan

• Members

If this is happening I can see ABC's temptation, and Sara's temptation, and I'll probably even give it a try (especially if a lot of the other cast are involved), but I have a feeling if it happens it won't end well - Roseanne and the far right will be screaming bloody murder, and a lot of people on the left likely won't give the show another chance after Sara worked with Roseanne and brought her back to national prominence.  

Edited by DRW50