Y&R: July 1998 Episode Counts

• Members

Victor finally pushes Jack too far and their lives are never the same -- Jack decides it's time to take action and the Newman Takeover storyline begins. Brad Carlton is all happy and content in Rome when Jack calls. Jill takes legal steps to make the Chancellor mansion hers with help from the loveliest little Who there is and bitterly reminisces about Phillip with Katherine. Michael wages war against Victor by leaking his story to the newspapers and dragging him into a tabloid mess, while he also meets Grace and advises her on how to most effectively go after a married man who is also her boss. Tricia and Ryan get married thus ending Nicholas Pappone's reign of terror. In a favorite Victoria moment, Nikki hugs her daughter and realizes she's pregnant. Nikki then confronts Diane, setting in motion a divorce battle that goes on for months. Christine runs into her dead father-in-law but is too self-involved and worried about her mustard to notice. And the ever-lovely, gone-too-soon Callie spies on Malcolm from behind plants until he catches up to her. 

GziCacS.pngWrBSoTN.pngIwowPsu.pngeSlX4AE.pngXJjf1Z1.pngR4OqaiP.pnguOZglDH.png41UpSl4.pngLPZSGFg.png4xoww5O.pnguZoQCvG.pngUuhCzA5.pnghF1mKIn.pngEvoZYRL.pngRAOcvdr.pngOSGmUE6.png

July 1998 Episode Rankings

23 episodes (Episodes 6410-6432)

1. Eric Braeden (Victor Newman) 20

2. Heather Tom (Victoria Newman) 18

3. Alex Donnelley (Diane Newman) 16

4. Peter Bergman (Jack Abbott) 15

*. J. Eddie Peck (Cole Howard) 15

6. Christian Le Blanc (Michael Baldwin) 14

*. Shari Shattuck (Ashley Abbott) 14

8. Jennifer Gareis (Grace Turner) 13

*. Joshua Morrow (Nick Newman) 13

10. Sharon Case (Sharon Newman) 12

*. John Castellanos (John Silva) 12

*. Kristoff St. John (Neil Winters) 12

13. Sabryn Genet (Tricia Dennison) 11

*. Shemar Moore (Malcolm Winters) 11

*. Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki Newman) 11

*. Jess Walton (Jill Abbott) 11

17. Jeanne Cooper (Katherine Chancellor) 10

*. Ashley Jones (Megan Dennison) 10

*. Tonya Lee Williams (Olivia Winters) 10

*. Scott Reeves (Ryan McNeil) 10

*. Nick Scotti (Tony Viscardi) 10

22. Doug Davidson (Paul Williams) 7

*. Sandra Nelson (Phyllis Romalotti) 7

24. Tricia Cast (Nina McNeil) 6

*. Candice Daly (Veronica Landers) 6

*. Andre Khabbazi (Alec Moretti) 6

27. Lauralee Bell (Christine Williams) 5

*. Don Diamont (Brad Carlton) 5

*. Kate Linder (Esther Valentine) 5

*. Anthony Pena (Miguel Rodriguez) 5

*. Michelle Thomas (Callie Rogers) 5

32. Marissa Arena (Marissa Barton) 4

*. Laura Bryan Birn (Lynne Bassett) 4

*. Camryn Grimes (Cassie Newman) 4

*. Nicholas Pappone (Phillip Chancellor IV) 4

36. Carolyn Conwell (Mary Williams) 3

*. Christopher Kriesa (Charlie Ockwell) 3

*. Granville Van Dusen (Keith Dennison) 3

39. Leslie Bevis (Ruth Perkins) 2

*. Brett Hadley (Carl Williams) 2

*. Karen Hensel (Doris Collins) 2

*. Bryant Jones (Nathan Hastings Jr.) 2

*. Gloria LeRoy (Beatrice Tucker) 2

*. Patty Weaver (Gina Roma) 2

45. Tamara Clatterbuck (Alice Johnson) 1

*. Ernestine Mercer (Millie Johnson) 1

*. Lise Simms (Connie) 1

*. Unknown Actor (Barry) 1

A total of 48 characters appear this month. John Abbott, Noah, and Mitchell Sherman don’t appear.

NOTES:

Don Diamont returns as Brad Carlton July 02.

Michelle Thomas debuts as Callie Rogers on July 21.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks again!! 😁😁

Lol "ending Nicholas Pappones reign of terror!" I don't disagree but I still can't stand Courtland Mead even more!! Hahaha.

very impress with the overall balance! This was also I believe when Kay Alden took full helm....lol she couldn't give Lauralee lower numbers fast enough! I can't believe also that John Castellanos was that high.

that old lady with Jill also had a spot on Passions...she was the bird statue lady! Haha

• Members

You're welcome!

Yeah, I was surprised by Castellanos' numbers too but considering he's Victor's lawyer for the divorce AND Jill's lawyer for the Chancellor estate claim, he sure keeps busy (and that continues). I forgot how fun it was to see him deal with two of the show's biggest personalities. lol

A bird statue lady? Oh, that certainly fits!

• Members

It's a very fun blast from the past. It's neat to see just how high episode guarantees used to be! I think the limited actor availability is one of the MANY problems on soaps but you can't really tell a story when people are only on 2-4 times a month, that's when we end up with stretches without seeing someone or their story and momentum gets lost. It's on all the soaps.

• Members

It's a little unclear due to the lack of closing credits and/or short versions of them, but my best guess would be this month was half Bell/Alden and half Alden.

Certainly very true. Sometimes the story just needs to get going. It's why Braeden has been the lead for a couple months now -- it's, mostly, story-dictated. His story was the big story (along with Heather Tom's), so he gets a lot of airtime.

In the next couple of months we'll see some interesting changes as the stories rotate a bit.... 

Archived