Dallas: Discussion Thread

• Members

Maybe marrying the families business rivals could've open up some stories. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Watching season 7, the storylines are pretty decent and stronger than the previous season but I think the casting for Katherine Wentworth was a complete miss and hinders so much of the potential. She’s not mysterious subtle or intriguing, she’s just blah!

I have a hard time buying Bobbie and Pam wouldn’t have seen right thru her already and it makes the relationship angst less believable even with Mark and Jenna as interlopers.

Sue Ellen and the pool boy was also pretty gross but I think that story has wrapped where I’m at.

Edited by detroitpiston

• Members

Who would you have cast as Katherine? I did like Morgan in the role. Pam was very gullible where Katherine was concerned. She believed everything that came out of her mouth. Afton was on to Katherine game very early.

Linda Gray hated the Peter Richards story. Linda did say that she enjoyed working with Christopher Atkins. He was very committed to do his best with the story.

I had forgotten too until I recently saw it again.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I did not like the Peter Richards story either.  I think Dallas should have copied what Knots Landing did with Lisa Hartman.  After Ciji Dunne was killed off in the 4th season, she was brought back in the 5th season as Cathy Geary.  After Timothy Patrick Murphy was killed off as Mickey in Dallas' 6th season, he should have been cast as Peter Richards instead of Chris Atkins.  TPM played a college student in Hunter in 1986 and he was believable even though he was in his mid to late 20's at the time.  To me, Chris Atkins did not have chemistry with either Linda Gray or Charlene Tilton.  Greg Evigan or Dennis Christopher might have been a better choice to play Peter.  

Even though Grant Aleksander was on Guiding Light during Dallas' season 7, he would have been a great Peter Richards.

Laurence Lau could have worked.  The show should have cast a mature looking actor yet also look college aged to play Peter.  

• Members

I was not a fan of the Peter Richard's story either and it largely had to do with CA in the role. I completely agree that he lacked chemistry with both Linda and Charlene. I loved the direction it was headed with Sue Ellen feeling conflicted about the age difference, Peter's friends at the restaurant thinking Sue Ellen was his mom, Peter being involved in the life of her son. It had great elements that could have produced some intense drama, but CA was just creepy. He just looked like a boy. I wish they would have cast someone a bit more manly and rugged. I know times have changed and beauty standards but he just looks scrawny and that lipless smile and limp blond hair do nothing. Not to mention his personality was lame too. I'm sure they didn't want to push the envelope too much at the time, but it would have really been more effective if we did see a lot more passion and an actual love scene between the pair as well. 

• Members

Christopher Atkins awakened something in me, and many men my age, for which I will always be grateful.  Was he an awesome actor? No.  Could he wear the heck out of a crop top?  You betcha!  And for that alone he should be remembered with the appropriate amount of reverence. 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by j swift