Sign in to follow this  
dragonflies

2017 Golden Globe Awards

I loved the tribute to Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds. That's the first time the Globes have ever done a memoriam tribute of any kind...it was just lovely.

All I wanted was for Claire Foy of The Crown to win. And she did. And she thanked Her Majesty The Queen. So I'm satisfied. 

1 hour ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Right-wingers are twisting themselves in knots over Meryl's Streep's speech. Well, I saw no lies in what she said. Not a one!

Some of these folks are as thin-skinned as Trump.  Whew!

One of my friends just sent me a message, saying she's not surprised about all the "radical Repubes" going into meltdown mode over Streep's heartfelt speech. Will the Donald now starting posting anti-Streep tweets? I would hope he has learned to rise above that sort of behavior, but we will see.

It made me laugh that when Meryl Streep said the people in the room were the most vilified in current society (not so much Meryl...), the camera cut to Annette Bening. Yes I'm sure she's very oppressed these days. 

8 hours ago, DRW50 said:

It made me laugh that when Meryl Streep said the people in the room were the most vilified in current society (not so much Meryl...), the camera cut to Annette Bening. Yes I'm sure she's very oppressed these days. 

That was laughable and folks forget Meryl was part of the audience giving a standing ovation to a man that drugged and raped a 13 year old, subsequently fleeing prosecution!  

Celebrities and their [convenient]passion is disturbing!  And this comes from someone who anxiously awaits Trump's impeachment. 

5 minutes ago, ChitHappens said:

That was laughable and folks forget Meryl was part of the audience giving a standing ovation to a man that drugged and raped a 13 year old, subsequently fleeing prosecution!  

Celebrities and their [convenient]passion is disturbing!  And this comes from someone who anxiously awaits Trump's impeachment. 

Ugh - I'm really glad I didn't watch most of the ceremony.