DAYS: Christopher Sean Interview

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I want Will to be alive too but I wasn't a fan of Sonny with Paul when Will was alive. I enjoy them much more now.

I love that Paul goes to Marlena about it. That's exactly who Paul is and I love that.

To me it still doesn't sound like they get very much going forward but we shall see what 2017 holds ...

A Logan interview is always sort of LOL though. He tries to come off as hip or brash and throw out some lingo. It's amusing.

• Members

So where does this leave Paul and Derrick? Are they an actual couple? Or just friends with benefits? The writers have kept this super vague.
Paul is with Derrick to fill the void. Derrick is the rebound relationship. They’re together, off camera, living a life outside of what’s happening. But we don’t talk about it on the show. Nothing is shown on camera.

This is just so dumb and predictable!  Why waste our time by bringing back Derrick and the actor?? Why just have Paul mention he is now with Derrick. I tell you this soap writers suck big time.

I don’t think the writers were looking to build a triangle.

Yeah, cause HIgley and Quan can't write one!  Both are hacks!!

I'd love to see Will return more mature and done with Sonny. He realizes it was his first love and not his true love. He meets his true love with a romance story.  It will never happen. Of course Chandler Massey back in the role.

• Members

I won't be cheering it's cancellation. But it's a shell of itself and re-hiring Higley hasn't helped at all, like I knew it wouldn't. Quan seems to be doing nothing.

Only thing I've really liked is the inclusion of Laura and Nancy and the future returns of Anna and weaving Carrie and Austin into it. I like the pop-ins, even if I wish Laura, Carrie and Austin were long-term returns.

I mean, look at the Abby/Chad/Gabi story. Abby was villified, JJ was a cheater, and it's all just used as angst for Chad/Gabi. It's ridiculous.

I mean, why can't they show Derrick and Paul together? Why have gay characters if you don't write for them?

I guess I am enjoying Adrienne, Justin and Lucas getting some screen-time. But they're not on enough. Adrienne/Kate has been a surprising highlight.

• Members

Marci Miller is doing a good job but I cringe whenever Abby has an anxiety attack. Not good. Marci actually reminds me a lot of Sharon Case, especially in the looks department. The writing isn't helping Miller but the fans seem to have mostly embraced her. I like her and when the writing's there she does a good job but I just dislike how weak and pathetic Abby is and that they're using the mental illness to make her so. Mansi's Abby was so much stronger and I couldn't see her Abby doing or acting a lot of what they've had Marci's Abby do.

• Members

I think they are bringing back Will soon and keeping it on the down-low.   For there to be a triangle, they need Sonny and Paul together by the time they find out Will is alive, so that's why they've gone from 5 mph (it wasn't quite 0) to 30 mph on this all of a sudden.  Glad to see Sonny with Ari the other day.  

The show has recovered since Ryan Quan became co-head and Josh Griffith left.  More of a character-driven feel like the Tomsell days that got me hooked, more warmth, less darkness, and excellent pacing day-to-day.  

Days often does good Christmas and holiday episodes, but this has been much different from the post-murder depression of last year.  

The surprising connection of Adrienne and Kate over Adrienne's cancer has been written and performed brilliantly.  

I couldn't wait to watch the next day when Chad found Abigail with Thomas.  I know it's good soap when I'm rushing to watch.  I hope Days will be as good when (I'm really starting to think it's when, not if) Will is revealed, but without Will slinking around for a couple months.

Archived