Y&R December Spoilers

• Members

Yes, now that I can see. But you better believe Hilary isn't getting a dime of Kay's money. Those same viewers find it even more distasteful that Hilary even has access to Kay's money via Devon now.

And it's so odd to me that this segment of viewers want Hilary to get the perks of Devon's money but yet not actually be tied to Devon. Ha! 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think viewers thought it was distasteful to have Kay as Devon's grandmother. In fact, I thought JC & Bryton had some really good scenes. What didn't work was Devon getting everything- that made no sense at all. Regardless I think a 'newly' discovered will in junction with Jill losing the Fenmore's fortune since Sussman said she's undoing Neil as her father could really create some interesting stories. I don't want Devon broke - he should still get something, but I'd like for him to take the skills he's learned any use them at CI or Newman. Hilary is Team Jabot. 

• Members

He didn't get all of Katherine's money. He got the majority of it. There is a difference.

And at least with him Katherine's money is kept in the family vs. going to someone who didn't need it like Jack or Victor.

Plus it wasn't Bryton or Devon's fault that the last 3 or 4 regimes reduced the onscreen Chancellor family to just him, Jill, Esther, Chloe & Nina (with even three of four of those recurring).

That's the problem with the Newmans being Y&R's core family. They thrive while every other family is forced to exist via a couple of representatives.

Even with all the unnecessary character deaths in the past 10 years there are actually still a ton of living Abbotts, Barber/Winters, Chancellor/Webster, Williams/Romalottis, and Fenmore/Baldwins to re-populate the canvas if Y&R would just cease with the Newman over saturation.

• Members

I know it will never happen, but all the Newmans can just take a back seat, except for Nikki.......I have this repentant anger that they basically decided the show's main character of said family has to be the most undefeated insufferable character of all time (or at least has been for the past decade or so) and said actor has let it sunk in that this is now how the character always has to be portrayed and has chosen to ignore all the redeeming and vulnerable qualities his character once had....

• Members

Murphy got just as much as Devon. 1/4th the estate. But somehow that was lost on viewers. 

Why would a rich man not named Newman, even if it's just a few million, work at Newman? Hilary should be building her own brand to be sold at Fenmore's. Not making Abbots more money. If there is a new will where Devon is left with less than 10M, I'd rather see him poor it all into one big gamble against everyone's advice. That gives his business' success or failure stakes. I have no desire to see him scraping and groveling to Newmans or Jill. I hope the show does not make Devon into Neil. And I have no desire to see Hilary laying under Jack. I only say this because I think the reason her presence is desired at Jabot is to be with Jack. Just no. Kyle or Billy, sure. But no to Jack. 

I'm hoping Sally allows these two character to be independently wealthy. That is sorely needed on this show. Every rich character does  not need to be white. 

• Members

Very true. I wholeheartedly agree that Bryton has not been given a family to build on. How wonderful would it have been if they removed Devon from the Winters bubble and utilized his character to revitalize the Chancellor family? Perhaps the new regime will consider that. If they are going to undo Jill as Femmore, they should undo the P3 fiasco. Cane as Jill's son and Billy's half-bro worked so much better. 

• Members

Y&R doesn't even have to remove Devon from the Winters to revitalize the Chancellor family.

The Winters/Carlsons are an official branch on the Chancellor family tree just as the Websters, the Romalottis, the Brownings and the Valentines before them.

The biggest problem was Y&R not begging Tricia Cast to return full time so that she and Jess could serve as co-matriarchs of the Chancellor family.

Add in recasts of Tucker, Mackenzie (with JT, Dylan & Reed) and Chance with a Phillip III return (over the span of a year) to the existing Devon, Hilary, Neil, Esther, Lily & Billy group and the Chancellors are fully revitalized.

• Members

Neil and Devon are currently in totally different  pisitions. Devon has billions of dollars while fans don't know how much money Neil has. So, the show can kinda get away with him working for Newmans and Abbots. Kinda. But even he seems to be out of place doing that now. Hence, he's been given that foundation to run. Mind you, one with the Abbot name first. 

• Members

True. But (billionaire or not) there's no reason why Neil shouldn't be running his own company now except, well...

And like Neil Y&R's never going to give Devon any real power no matter who the HW is. At this point he's lucky to just have a love interest.

• Members

Well, they've actively tried to lay Hilary under another man the entire time she's been tied to Devon. As soon  as Pratt  and JFP realized laying her under  someone else  wasnt really going to fly, they decided to destroy her character  and devon's relationship with her. So, we agree about the love interest. 

I also agree about the power. If Devon were any other man besides Neil, he'd be running CI.  But instead, they've got Cane hanging around CI helping run it. That goes to show, any white man can have power. While no black man ever can. 

• Members

You make it seem like it could write itself - oh, wait. It could! I'd skip the Tucker recast - we don't need another old man on canvas! And, I'd also bring Chloe/Esther back to the Chancellor fold - especially with Bella's paternity! Chloe (the original Katherine namesake on the show), is so tied to the Chancellors via Cane (when he thought he was), Chance, Ronan, etc. Nina would be quite welcome, but is TC even interested in doing something a regular basis? 

And if they want to expand and bring new life to the Winters family - how about some unknown relatives through Neil's mother. Certainly it's believable that she started a new family after abandoning her first family. But I still long for Tonya to return - I'd rather have Olivia as the go-to doctor than Stitch. 

• Members

I'd keep the Tucker recast. The character is too important (especially with JC & BK's deaths) to lose. I would make sure that the recast Tucker be played by a good actor though.

Agreed about bringing Esther & Chloe back into the fold (Danny & Gina too) with Murphy making an occasional cameo.

I'm split about recasting Ronan. If the recast was good (no more Jeff Branson) & focused on his relationships with Nina & Chance then sure. Otherwise he can stay gone.

They don't even have to bring in unknown Winters to expand the current Barber/Winters family.

Walter & Lillie Belle haven't even met Devon, Hilary or any of their grandchildren, Olivia, Ana, Nate & Malcolm are still around as are Mamie, Yolanda, Virginia & Ellis.

Once you're finished with them you could even transport the LA Barber/Forrester/Moore branch (Justin/Donna/Marcus/Dayzee/Amber/Rosie) over to Y&R since B&B has no desire to use them.

That's SIXTEEN characters & actors (mostly of color) that could (and should) be (re)introduced to Y&R immediately.

• Members

These are alot of  characters missing. sadly, I don't expect to see any of  them. I suspect that we will see brand new characters connected to Hilary. 

Edited to add: Despite the fact that the show seems to be bringing back the musical element mostly for Devon if my guesses are right. Tucker and his record label along with a yolanda and Anna, both with musical talent, would be great for the story. I still don't think we will get all 3. 

Archived