• Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

SUNDAY

7PM - 60 Minutes

8PM - NCIS: Los Angeles

9PM - Madam Secretary

10PM - Elementary

(Seriously, this block of programs is basically: we have nowhere else to put you)

MONDAY

8PM - Big Bang Theory / Kevin Can Wait (Late Oct)

8:30 - Kevin Can Wait / Man with a Plan (Late Oct)

9PM - 2 Broke Girls

9:30 - The Odd Couple

10PM - Scorpion

Eh. 2 Broke Girls feels out of place. IDK what CBS is doing with their schedules this year ...

TUESDAY

8PM - NCIS

9PM - Bull

10PM - NCIS: New Orleans

LOL at them putting Weatherly's show behind NCIS.

WEDNESDAY

8PM - Survivor

9PM - Criminal Minds

10PM - Code Black

Surprised to see Code Black on the fall schedule, figured it would come in mid-season as a solid backup. I also thought they should have moved it to Sunday's.

THURSDAY (Starting October 27 after Football)

8PM - Big Bang Theory

8:30 - Great Indoors

9PM - Mom

9:30 - Life in Pieces

10PM - Pure Genuis

IMO, Life in Pieces should have moved to Monday's but they want to pad it so it continues to look like a hit. 2 Broke Girls and Life in Pieces should have swapped slots.

FRIDAY

8PM - MacGyver

9PM - Hawaii Five-0

10PM - Blue Bloods

Finally a night that makes sense.

The Amazing Race will be back mid-season. Doubt, Training Day, Hunted, Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders and Undercover Boss are also being held for midseason.

They should really pair Madam Secretary and Doubt.

• Members

I'm surprised Odd Couple is back in the fall. I thought that would be left to midseason again. I guess they figured sink or swim. My parents enjoy it so I hope it doesn't tank.

This schedule tells me they had few or no good new sitcoms in place.

• Members

Yeah, for a network that usually pairs similar programs, I'm a bit surprised by the lineup. And while Man with a Plan and Odd Couple are on the same night, you don't pair the two former FRIENDS shows in the same hour? I was surprised to see Odd Couple on the lineup as well (also assumed it would be held for midseason). It's basic, it's not terrible but it works for what CBS seems to like in their sitcoms. Probably right on the 'sink or swim' part. It seems like quite a few shows are being given that test based on this lineup.

2 Broke Girls is nothing but punch line after punch line. It can be pretty funny but I think it's time to call it a day with this one. Maybe they figure the stable audience it has can help Odd Couple stay stable? I don't really have faith in their Monday night lineup. And if Kevin James is just mugging for the camera instead of doing a real sitcom I'm not interested. I haven't seen any trailers or anything yet so .. I think his show has the best shot.

• Members

Wow, the big winner here is NCIS LA….they went from dreadful Monday 10pm to Sunday 8pm timeslot behind 60 Minutes and Football…big win for them. Loser for the night is Madam Secretary ..it gets bumped an hour later with less eyeballs watching.

So former Friends costars on the same night? Cool….I like TOC and glad it got picked up even though the ratings are just ok. But their permanent move to Monday night will result in lower numbers for them. Moving 2BG from Thursdays to Mondays again ..blah…show is better on Thursday…numbers will suffer too…..and Scorpion at 10?? Yikes….expect lower numbers from them too…they should have kept it at 9 and put 2BG and TOC during the 10pm hour.

Weatherly brought in big numbers for last night finale….so he must be popular with viewers. Good idea to put his show right behind his former show…and NCIS New Orleans being bumped an hour is bad news for them. The show will tank at 10pm. 

What is Great Indoors about? CBS continues to find a comedy to succeed BBT when its gone with no success except for maybe Mom. Mom stays at its same time and day which is good but it deliveries solid numbers but they should have put it right after BBT…..I hate Life in Pieces and don't know why it was renewed…the ratings were bad…they should have kept 2BG after Mom….. 

• Members

Friday looks like a great night with McGyver added!  I am glad they got rid of TAR….they need to cancel it…I guess they bring it back because its cheap to produce because the ratings for it are awful.  

Code Black is back? I am very surprised. The show had dreadful numbers. I would have cancelled it and left CM spinoff there. 

• Members

Limitless was the only show that was worth watching on this network to me, as it felt like a fairly fun and creative watch initially. I admit to not watching the series after February though, as I felt the procedural aspect of the series was kind of boring, but it's ratings always felt fairly stable - and I think it should have been an easy continual for a second season.

The tone and feel of the show felt very new in a way very few CBS shows usually feel, so it might not have been the best fit for that reason. I could see it doing well on a place like FX, TBS, Spike, or maybe TNT.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Toups unpinned this topic

Archived