Netflix: Making A Murderer

YRBB

• Members

The show/documentary that's taken over the nation, and with good reason. Just horrifying, addictive, completely immersive drama. The fact that it's a documentary makes it even better (worse?). If y'all can tear yourselves away from The Real Housewives for a couple hours, this is MUST watch.

I am completely baffled and mystified by the case, and so far am only up to episode 3. The show has had an enormous pop culture effect, from spawning a petition with hundreds of thousands of signatures, to leading to Steven Avery getting new representation, and countless articles everywhere. 

It is WEEEEEELL worth checking it out, even if only for the entertainment value and wonderful job they've done putting it together.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have to admit I'm wary of people getting in the middle of a murder case, demanding pardons and so on, because of a selectively edited TV show. They need to at the least hear everything, read everything they can find, and then come to a conclusion. Even then, if they aren't involved in the law or justice system, there are some to be some things they need to pause at.

I'm not going to agree with scum like Nancy Grace, but armchair activism isn't a trend that is going to have positive consequences.

• 7 months later...

Archived