Sign in to follow this  
Toups

2016: The Directors and Writers Thread

He wrote under Guza from 1999 to 2001. Jean obviously is hiring a writer with knowledge aND history. He obviously gets Jean and Shellys brand of smarttv.

All those hacks know how to do is historical mistakes.

Love you, Boo...:-)))))

All those hacks know how to do is historical mistakes.

LMAO!

Edited by YRBB

Don't be surprised when David Kreizman shows up on GH.  He worked with Jean on ATWT and he was hired by GH before Carlivati fired the writers to bring in his OLTL staff. Kriezman/Rupel wrote a few amazing scripts/outlines in the first few weeks of Carlivati's tenure when Robin's funeral was held. 

Don't be surprised when David Kreizman shows up on GH.  He worked with Jean on ATWT and he was hired by GH before Carlivati fired the writers to bring in his OLTL staff. Kriezman/Rupel wrote a few amazing scripts/outlines in the first few weeks of Carlivati's tenure when Robin's funeral was held. 

Kriezman could replace a BDW or SW

I am surprised Jean hasn't hired Hogan Sheffer they worked for years at atwt and he loved her.

His writing got worse with her as Co-HW. He lost his job because of her inept writing. She was cheaper and he was making more so he got demoted and then fired. 

Mal Young, who has a very controversial reputation on British soaps (namely Brookside and EastEnders) has joined Y&R in some capacity, per his Twitter account. This is EXTREMELY bizarre to me, and I wonder what his role is. At one point (1997-2004), he oversaw all of dramatic television for the BBC, so I wonder how significant his role is at Y&R.

Edited by BetterForgotten

Heather Tom directed today's B&B episode.:huh:

This was reported last year - so far it seems to be one time only...

There are other big changes at B&B: supervising producer Rhonda Friedman left B&B in December. She has been with the show since 1 day and was once the protege of the late Ron Weaver. Apparently she wants to retire and live a life of luxury. In recent years she has been only involved in the distribution/financial aspects of the show (Edward Scott was her quasi successor for everything day-to-day-production), so we'll see of someone else will get a producer title in the wake of her departure.

Also Doug Hayden, stage manager at Y&R, GH and B&B for the last 20 years also left the show for retirement. As B&B has had 3 stage managers only for the past 2 years (after having only 2 for the first 25 years...) I don't think he will be replaced on a regular basis.

Mal Young, who has a very controversial reputation on British soaps (namely Brookside and EastEnders) has joined Y&R in some capacity, per his Twitter account. This is EXTREMELY bizarre to me, and I wonder what his role is. At one point (1997-2004), he oversaw all of dramatic television for the BBC, so I wonder how significant his role is at Y&R.

If he's joined Y&R, this reminds me of Daran Little joining AMC, and that too was under Pratt's regime.

Isn't it different with UK soaps? There isn't a specific HW and the Executive Producer is the one mostly credited?

If he's joined Y&R, this reminds me of Daran Little joining AMC, and that too was under Pratt's regime.

Sign in to follow this