June 15-19, 2015: GH Hits New Low in Women 18-49 Demo

Toups

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not advocating keeping Ron ya'll but honestly, it *could* be worse. You know it and I know it.

I don't buy ABC is rushing to cancel the show. It can end it at anytime, really. And they aren't actively developing anything that we know of so I don't buy that. Yet.

• Members

I'm sure it could be, but as with MAB and Y&R, I'm at the point where it's tough to care one way or the other. The show is just gutted. And the sad part is it didn't have to be. If Ron gave a damn about anything but his ego, the show could have been fairly watchable.

• Members

I agree Carl. The bones are there. The vets are there. Plots he's come up with could have been better and more fleshed out. He's just a hot mess, he takes things too personally and I feel like he's a child who wants things his way no matter what and will do it his way no matter what. He needs a strong EP to reel him in, not fan the flames, and a strong co-hw who can also reel him in. He also needs better scriptwriters. Not to mention the flow of storylines sucks. He's just a mess. The potential IS there. I don't know why he insists on propping his pets. It's all flash and no substance.

I'm glad to see ratings tanking because he does suck for the most part. I really do appreciate that he brought back so many characters tossed aside by the Phelps/Guza regime but that doesn't excuse his lazy tropes.

At the end of the day he was told his [!@#$%^&*] don't stink for far too long and it's gone to his head.

• Members

LOL. Very true. That is an option I forgot about.

I'd hate to see GH cancelled and people advocating it just because Ron sucks. The bones, like many past cancelled soaps, are there. It'd be soooo easy to turn the ship around.

• Members

I totally agree it's nowhere near the level GH was in 2011 with Phelps and Guza when it went down to 2 million viewers and alot of people were calling GH cancelled. It just after 3 and half years it needs changes at the top. Honestly I think Lisa DeCazotte would be a good choice as exec producer as she was at Night Shift. ABC loves Valentini as does the cast. I think Jean Passanante with a good co head writer would be great for GH. Why not bring back Michele Val Jean she never really got a chance.

• Errol unpinned this topic

Archived