Hats Off to Britney Spears

Sedrick

• Members

And I tip my hat to you too for doing what you can to help. However, I don't really think us regular people doing things warrant publicity in the celebrity-driven media of today, so even if we did call the press to alert them of what we are doing, do you think a camera would show up?

The thing to remember (and I have to keep this in mind every day) is that the victims of Katrina LOST EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING. Not just a car or a few clothes, but everything that had. Those young teenage girls Spears visited have none of the usual girlie things that other kids their age take for granted, so you better believe they were overjoyed at Britney's generosity.

I don't mean to sound !@#$%^&*]y or confrontational either. However, we don't know what else Spears has done...before Katrina even hit, she and her family have given generously over the years to charities and are especially supportive of the people of Louisiana, and she has not sent press releases about all that..she just does it. It just is not constructive for anyone to be criticizing anyone else who is doing SOMETHING to help those people...Lord knows they can't count on our government in a major way. I would stick up for you if someone !@#$%^&*]ed "Well only one paycheck? Why could he/she give two?"

And for the other post of someone saying they don't like Britney...what does that have to do with anything? I'm sure she really could care less, and her efforts to bring some happiness to those kids demands respect from anyone with a heart.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wasn't throwing negativity at Britney Spears, Sedrick. Frankly, I love the broad (I have like almost all her songs) and I never frown on her, despite all the bad publicity she sometimes gets. I was just saying my honest opinion about the situation. And I'll have you know I do help Katrina victims. Money from my paycheck weekly I have taken out for a charity that gives money to Katrina victims.

Archived