Hats Off to Britney Spears

Sedrick

• Members

Britney Spears takes Katrina victims on shopping spree

Associated Press

NEW ORLEANS — Pop star Britney Spears spent part of Mardi Gras with a group of Metairie students whose lives were upended when Hurricane Katrina devastated the area six months ago....

Spears took the girls shopping and to dine at one of Cajun chef Emeril Lagasse's restaurants for some Southern comfort food, including fried chicken and red beans and rice. There, the conversation turned from shopping to Katrina....

"It was an honor to be here with all of them," Spears said.

Link to story in The Houston Chronicle:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/headli...es/3690632.html

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Of course not, they don't like to report on the good things that she does. When I first learned that she did this, I was extremely happy. With all of the controversy that surrounds Britney, people tend to forget about the many good and helpful things that she does for people.

• Members

That's pretty amazing. I'm not a big Britney fan, but that's great that she did that. It must have been so exciting for those girls.

I know two girls who went to New Orleans for Mardi Gras, and I was going to attend a trip to spend spring break building homes in LA (but didn't sign up in time :().

• Members

It's just an ego booster thing IMO.She could have done this without talking to journalists at all but I guess she's desperate to do anything that makes her look less cheap and shallow.I wonder if it's published anywhere that both Chad Hadrick and Shani Davis (US Speed skaters) donated their winnings to Right To Play but offcourse they don't need an ego boost as much as Mrs Federline

• Members

I kinda agree with you MatineeGirl. ;) One one side I really feel like this was to try and boost her image since the whole baby-driving lesson fiasco thing.....but on the other side I see a "sweet" thing Britney did which she usually does at hard times like this....like how she donated all her old used clothes to the Katrina victims...like bras and beachwear. ;)

• Members

Why must we always be so quick to throw negativity onto the positive? The thing to remember is she DID NOT HAVE TO DO A DAMN THING. Whether she wanted to get off on the publicity or whether it was from the goodness of her heart or a combination of both, SHE DID SOMETHING TO HELP. Before throwing stones and dismissing someone else's efforts to help the people who are in such desperate need, ask yourself first what YOU are doing to help.

And another thing...good for her talking to GMA about it. America seems to be forgetting about the ongoing crisis those people are suffering on the Gulf Coast. Celebrities such as Spears using their fame to continue to shine a light on the story is a good thing.

• Members

I don't live in the US but I did my bit to help I donated a weeks paycheck and organised a few shippings of medicines.It's not much but at least I didn't need to boost up my ego,I didn't invite any press and I didn't wait four/five months.And with the risk of sounding really !@#$%^&*]y I think medicines are more usefull then used badingsuits

Archived