Two Vets to Days

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think he is great. He is completely unique on daytime and has a line delivery all his own. It doesn't always seem realistic because no one else talks like him, but if people go with it he always delivers. Actors trying for hyper realism are all over soaps because they don't have the talent to give a little extra more. Thaao is able to play outlandish evil villains and you go with it, and then he can turn around and play a believable relationship with Leann Hunley. If we run down the list of current soap stars and emmy winners, I am not sure which of the could have played Evil Tony as well as he did.

• Members

I agree that Reilly took him too far in 2004-2005 (minus the samurai part which I thought was awesome). But they could have changed that easily by writing that Andre took Tony's place right before Melaswen. Remember that Tony was going to reveal who the Salem Stalker was at the circus, so Andre could have decided to have Tony "killed" to silence him. Or they could have written that Andre took Tony's place in 2003 when he was in a coma. At the night of the Basic Black fashion show, when Bo and Hope were attack and the Salem Stalker storyline started, Tony went missing at the hospital for a few hours.

See above answer. There was no reason to rewrite who the character had been for 20 years when it would have been enough with 3-4 years.

THIS!

• Members

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/OdessaCee1">@OdessaCee1</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/billymflynn">@billymflynn</a> Dear Mr. Flynn, Be ready for Thursday when DiMera confronts DiMera.</p>&mdash; Thaao Penghlis (@ThaaoPenghlis) <a href="

19, 2015</a></blockquote><script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Why is it that I love to play villains with delicious fervor and yet I love monasteries? Is not life hypocritical? Andre thinks not.</p>&mdash; Thaao Penghlis (@ThaaoPenghlis) <a href="

20, 2015</a></blockquote><script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Members

I am just so happy Thaao's back and there's potential there to undo Tony's pointless death. Wasn't Tony smoking cigars when he was killed off? I wasn't really into the show at that moment in time but I heard that, and isn't that a sign of Andre?

I love that Billy Flynn is ready to work with him <3 love Flynn as Chad, even though I still laugh when Chad tries and fails to be a nasty DiMera. I'm sorry but Chad will never be a threatening kind of character.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived