Date Movie SUCKED THE BIG ONE!

Mitchapalooza

• Members

Well I decided yesterday to go see DATE MOVIE as I am really into those spoof type movies (like NOT ANOTHER TEEN MOVIE, SCARY MOVIE 1, 2 & 3....all of which I ABSOLUTELY enjoyed immensely and thought they were all HILARIOUS).

So I had high hopes for DATE MOVIE and outside of a few minor laughs and gross-out moments, I felt very gipped and ripped off and pissed off (haha).

The movie is not very long at all, its not even an hour and a half and I always was feeling like I was still waiting for the GOOD scene or good joke....and then the movie was over.

Jennifer Coolidge was the brightspot in this film portraying the Barbara Streisand character from MEET THE FOCKERS...she was SO good in all of her scenes.

Alyson Hannigan was good too...but I don't know I just felt that this movie didn't try to do anything new or different and really went overboard in trying to be funny (which sorta made it unfunny in a way).

Wait for this movie to come to video, and even then it aint that good. So just a warning to anyone who is planning on seeing it.

Oh well there is always SCARY MOVIE 4 in April to look forward too.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Well I saw this tonight and I gotta say, it's not the best 'spoof' type movie, but I laughed more than once and it was entertaining. Jennifer Coolidge was a surprise for me- i LOVE her and didn't know she'd be in this movie.

The main guy was hot in the scene where his hair was short....

Anyway overall it was good and worth seeing once IMO.

• Members

There were lots of familiar faces, but I don't know all their names...

The main star was the flute chick from American Pie...Then you have Eddie Griffith, Jennifer Coolidge, Carmen Elecktra made a cameo, then other familiar faces....it's good stuff.

Archived