B&BPromo - Brooke vs Quinn

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So sad. Another complete waste of RS. I really don't get it. I guess having a direct, self-made (without a man's help, divorce money, etc.) and intelligent woman is just not possible. If Quinn were a man with these attributes, (s)he'd be the star of the show. I'm so glad I'm back to recaps and not watching this.

• Members

Yeah, I think it's a waste of Quinn's potential. One of the reasons I liked Quinn last year was b/c she was a self-made, independent woman, who pulled herself up from nothing and into something, while acknowledging the fundamental gender differences for a woman in a corporate (man's) world. But, all of that slipped away the moment they took the easy road, and turned her into a walking psycho.

On the plus side, it's nice to see Brooke at the office. She's so disconnected from everyone else right now, and that feels weird.

• Members

It's just funny how Brad can create these characters and Quinn definitely didn't fit the mold (never married, self-made, etc.) and then ignore all the stuff that could be mined from that. The only glimpse was during the couple of proposal episodes - when Quinn talked about how she never had what other women had. Of course, they had to make her into a complete lunatic 'attacking' Brooke. I suppose when your 'lead' actress has bombed on a highly prompted S/L, collateral damage to other characters is necessary to prop her up.

Archived