DAYS: Guest star Corey Sligh run down by car & then beaten by driver on Thanksgiving...recovering

• Members
"DAYS" GUEST COREY SLIGH HIT BY CAR & BEATEN ON THANKSGIVING DAY...RECOVERING AT HOSPITAL
Corey Sligh, an actor who has had some small roles on "Days", including as one of the bartenders at Club TBD, was hit by a car, then beaten by the car's driver on Thanksgiving Day. Sligh spoke with KABC from his hospital bed. Click on the link to watch the video: http://abc7.com/news/soap-opera-actor-run-down-with-car-recovering/415836/
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. -- A soap opera actor and model spoke out from his hospital bed on Saturday following a vicious attack on Thanksgiving.

Corey Sligh's Thanksgiving ended with a trip to the hospital. He and his girlfriend Alisa Berhorst were walking to Rite Aid to bring an employee a plate of food from their Thanksgiving feast. That's when they saw two guys in a car out of control doing donuts in the parking lot.

"So I just went up to them and said, 'Look guys, they're calling the cops, you guys gotta get out of here.' And then he looked me dead in the eye, and kicked his door open into my chest. So I just started to walk off," said Sligh.

Sligh and Berhorst never anticipated what happened next.

"The guy squealed his tires and went right for him. It was probably one of the scariest moment of my life watching that happen," said Berhorst.

But the attack didn't stop there. Sligh says the suspects parked their car and came back to finish the job.

"I was able to kind of get back going and trying to defend myself for a moment, but then that's when I realized my arm was snapped in a few places," he said.

"The fact that they went back and parked the car and then came back to attack him, I mean it's just, insane. It's terrifying," said Berhorst.

Police arrested the suspects after they crashed their car fleeing the scene. They have been charged with assault with a deadly weapon, the weapon being their vehicle.

Sligh and Berhorst are relieved to know the suspect's didn't hurt anyone else, and Sligh will heal from his injuries.

"I'm just really thankful that I am alive and that in a few days I am going to go home to Georgia and see my nephews and nieces and my friends. I have no hate towards these guys," he said.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived