GH's Jason Thompson on the women in Patrick's life

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hate that the albatross is even returning but for Sabrina to come back and be put back with Patrick would be a huge step backwards for the character and doing her a disservice. She needs to expand beyond him and this is the perfect time to do that

• Members

He doesn't sound excited at all in regards to this interview. Sounds like he just took a sleeping pill. I can kind of understand looking at it from his point of view. The storyline sounds emotionally exhausting. I don't really understand the interest in Patrick as a leading man though. For so long he seemed to be ignored, and then the last few years he's been more or less a "lead" on the show and I just don't understand the reasoning considering he feels so isolated and insular as a character.

• Members

He has looked exhausted for a couple years, honestly.

I don't think he was remotely invested in his story with Sabrina - he looked palpably ill at ease with all of that. All of this works for his emotionally drained character, and I think he has done absolutely amazing work since Robin first "died" and has given everything they've made him do two hundred percent. He's incredible to watch on the worst day. But I don't think much of it is worthy of his talent, and I think he knows that he, like most of the male leads on the show not named Roger Howarth or Maurice Benard, is just a cog in the machine for FV and RC. I think he knows he's taken for granted and there to move story for bigger things, that Robin and Anna have been compartmentalized the same way, and I think he's tired of it. It's worse when you realize how legitimately over-attached to Sabrina and her baby Ron has admitted he was, how much that couple and their two-minute kid meant to him to the point of crying over scenes he wrote - whereas I don't think Thompson cares for being the Prince Charming stand-in.

I am glad they're putting him more and more with Kelly Monaco, because it's different, it's not Sabrina, and I think they have a very easy chemistry that is different from his existing bond with Kim McCullough, and I think he brings out something better in Monaco than her usual lethargy. But I think that as with almost everything on the show, it's just a means to an end for plot.

• Members

I think being away from Sabrina has woken him up. Jason has been more present playing opposite Kelly. He and Kim have an easy chemistry, so when she's back he seems more at ease. I couldn't give two f**ks about what it does to Sigh-less, as he and ME have never quite fit on this show. Patrick and Sam started as friends, so it works for me. I just hope RC doesn't ruin this. Please let the rumors be wrong about "SILLY FILLER" coming on the scene as Jason! That would do TOO MUCH damage to the story and my patience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

I think its too bad Patrick and JT are stuck in limbo as KMc comes and goes. I like Patrick and Sam but of course they're impossible with Jason and Sabrina coming back very soon. Patrick and Sabrina should not be reunited and JT pretty much said as much too.

Archived