Y&R: Two short returns, and a Nikki spoiler

• Members

On the anniversary of Katherine's passing, Tricia Cast and Michael Fairman will be returning as Nina Webster and Patrick Murphy, respectively. Their visits are scheduled for August 26-27.

Also, the article states that Nikki will be falling off the wagon once again!

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Tricia-Cast-Michael-Fairman-Return-Young-Restless-1084688.aspx

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nina is NOW a successful author? She has been since the 90s...Since Nina came back I felt the writers struggled with her. I never understood why she wasn't involved in writing Katherine's memoirs and it didn't make sense that she didn't work at Restless Style. Nice that they're finally mentioning it, but with these writers I bet they'll end up screwing it up. Another thing, shouldn't they be trying to bring back Phillip for this?

• Members

I'm glad Nina and Murphy are returning as I miss them. I wish it was long-term though.

And I (too) hate that Nina wasn't put at helm of Restless Style. I think it would've been good to have Nina become editor of the magazine and for them to bring back Cole and Leanna Love. Cole and Nina wanting to take the magazine in a serious direction while Leanna wants to make it a smutty gossip rag. Ugh! That would've been good. Hell, I would've loved for Nina to have written a memoir on the Abbotts and for it to create chaos amongst them.

And I am over Nikki falling off the wagon. Can this heifer just get cirrhosis and die already? Nikki irks my nerves as of late anyways....

• Members

They did a stupid and out of character story where Nina and Paul were a couple and then she left town when Christine reunited with Paul. It was all stupid. Nina should've never been put with Paul to begin with. And no, neither Phillip returned for Katherine's funeral. Considering their importance in her life that is just insane, not to mention Mackenzie's omission.

• Members

The cult story would have written itself, and you would think that being the lazy stupid hacks they are, Jean and Shelly would have loved that. And I guess we are supposed to be shocked when the inevitable "Whodunit" takes place. Fret not! Half naked Summer did it.

• Members

I love your way of thinking! This to me would be closer to classic YR. I like the proper use of characters and it makes more sense instead of having other characters work in an environment that they never worked or had any real interest in before. The idea of bringing Leanna Love back is what the show needs to spice it up. I could see her writing gossip columns and rags spilling all Genoa City news and juicy gossip. Alone she could have put all of Nikki's business out there with the whole cult mess and Dylan being Paul's son. Adding her to the mix would tie it together and make for good story. I would so be in for the battle of the direction of Restless Style with Nina and Cole wanting to make it classy and report what needs to be reported instead of Leanna's smut. It just sounds better and looks better! When I say fans sometimes turn out to be better writers with creative ideas that keeps the show more in tune with its original and classic self!

• Members

Nikki has no reason to be drinking. None. Her slip of the mind has had no adverse consequences for her. Did victor leave her? No. Did her kids disown her? No. Why is she caressing chrystals filled with liquor? Huh? This just seems like drama for drama's sake to get her am Emmy reel. If she doesn't have one after all that weeping and wailing at the side of Paul and Dylan's sick bed, she won't get it. Spare me!

Archived