Empire: Discussion Thread

• Members

I forgot to mention how disappointed I was in Lucious trying to pay Camila off. I wanted him to seduce her away from Hakeem and set Hakeem up to catch them in the act...then drop her. if they are going to make Lucious an outright villain then make him a villain worth talking about!

Edited by ajsp35801

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Voila!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jH4SkHXm-BE

Here's what I think is a full stream of the cast and crew's live Emmy panel Q&A. Apparently Taraji may have thrown shade at Person of Interest, but I didn't watch the show and I am not clear on that.

There is a hilarious anecdote somewhere between 30 and 40 mins in where Lee Daniels and Danny Strong talk about Taraji and Terrence Howard doing a chemistry test despite all the preexisting evidence, and Taraji slapping the hell out of him as Cookie. Daniels' response: "Alright, bitch, you got the part." Taraji dominates the Q&A a lot and the whole thing gets pretty hilarious. "30 inches of hair, bitch! Terrence, you talk. And don't say nothin' crazy 'cause I'll bust you in the mouth!"

Aaand here's the YT link for the First Look at next week.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Oh..I thought I was the only one longing for his traitorous heart to stop beating at the hands of Lucious. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a juicy storyline. But it was poorly handled with minimal buildup. Because of the lack of development, I can't discern why Cookie wants him other than he's supposed to be sexy and brooding. Couple that with my lack of attraction to him, I feel no connection to this story.

• Members

ITA about the lack of buildup but at this point I just accept that as S1 Empire and hope they work out the bugs for S2.

Personally I like the story because I want to see who Cookie is without Lucious. I don't care if it's Puma or Malcolm or that guy eating cereal at Ghetto Ass Studios, I just want Cookie to have something and someone that isn't about Lucious. Also, she's only been with one man her whole life? Eff that noise. It's time for her to let somebody else visit the Y.

Edited by marceline

• Members

No you are not. Why should Lucious let that clown live? It's unprofessional of him to do that, and Cookie belongs to/with Lucious! But I have to say, if Chaiken doesn't screw this up (hush, Vee), it would be a damn good story!

And yes, for him to just walk up into Cookie's office and declare his feelings out of nowhere? Um no! Not feeling it. 18 eppies, please! But I'm afraid giving Chaiken more eppies means more time to do the same. She's a clown (hush, Vee)!