Article preparing Japanese on how to cope with visiting the US

DRW50

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The food/dinner thing is a bit off (although American food is nasty) but the rest is pretty spot on especially the free time part and the laughing. You do not laugh in Japan and if you do, it's short and covered up. Anything else is a no. The grocery thing is also true but things in Japan are so sped up and efficient that that's probably not a fair comparison.

The vending machines in Japan are the best. My favourites are the Pringles ones, the egg ones, and the ones that give out shoes and neck ties.

The food/dinner thing is a bit off, but the rest is pretty spot on especially the free time part and the laughing. You do not laugh in Japan and if you do, it's short and covered up. Anything else is a no. The grocery thing is also true but things in Japan are so sped up and efficient that that's probably not a fair comparison.

The vending machines in Japan are the best. My favourites are the Pringles ones, the egg ones, and the ones that give out shoes and neck ties.

• Members

There's nothing wrong with american food. For the most part, we let the food taste like itself, and don't drown it in something. I find many people even here in this country cannot appreciate subtlety in flavor. And there are also plenty of american food that has quite a bit of zip to it! Apparently they've never had strawberry rhubarb pie! 10 dishes per person? Do they spend their entire lives doing the dishes?

• Members

What foods do you consider bland? I argue with all my black friends who like pork and onions cooked in greens.. and I tell them I think it tastes terrible, I just put butter and salt on them.. I want my greens to taste like greens! I think their natural flavor tastes good, it doens't need to be hidden.

Archived