Ralph Waite from the Waltons has passed away

Soapsuds

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sad. His characters on "The Waltons" and Days were comforts to the nation. He was still so good as Father Matt. He leaves behind a great legacy. This article is great about him and also the quietly groundbreaking and unabashedly liberal nature of "The Waltons" as well as being reassuring and family-affirming: http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/02/13/the-waltons-ralph-waite-dead/

• Members

RIP!! I didn't watch The Waltons as much as Little House while growing up, but it's become one of my favorites recently, and I always tune in when I have time to watch it. RW was so good as the family patriarch who wasn't cold, wasn't distant, wasn't emotionless, etc. I'm glad that he was able to work constantly all the way through to the end of his life.

• Members

My parents loved him on NCIS...he had a meaty recurring role on there as Mark Harmon's father.

I mostly remember him from The Waltons. He was a very underrated actor in that role - effortlessly bridging work as son and father, a good man but a flawed man, wry humor, etc.

We've lost so many people in the last few months.

Archived