Being Mary Jane on BET

VirginiaHamilton

• Members

Been meaning to start a thread on here and Money just reminded me to do so.

As much as I (rightfully) sh!t on EBT, I will give them a silver star on actually making a genuine effort to get into the primetime drama game.

So far, the show is actually decent (then again, my expectations were very low). I've never been a fan of MBA's shows - they always left me cold - but I think that this has the potential to be a solid winner with enough care and nurturing. My personal issues with GU aside, I think that this show plays to her strengths a lot more her previous starring efforts.

Anyone else tuning in regularly?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LMAO, I love you And. Despite my grave dislike and loathsome attitude towards GU I tried ep. 1 because my ex recommended it. It did not keep me as a viewer. I was dying at Twitter or somewhere that basically said BMJ is GUs life story. I almost har tears.

• Members

I'm always happy to see a black female lead in primetime and the show is doing decent in the ratings, however it reminds me of Scandal where the lead supposedly has her sh*t together professionally but her personal life is a mess. I'm glad they changed the title from "Single Black female" which would have made the show too stereotypical.

RE: GU. She's mediocre at best but she's not that bad. I had to laugh though how Wade pretty much cheated on her got someone else knocked up and they both passed it off as they were on a mutual break. She's been posting left and right on twitter how "happy" she is ever since the news broke. Overcompensate much?

Archived