DAYS: Actor set to debut in February

• Members
GastonJustin2013.jpg
JUSTIN GASTON SET TO JOIN "DAYS" IN FEBRUARY
Justin Gaston joins the cast of "Days of Our Lives" in late-February in a yet-to-be-announced role. With Gaston's background as a singer and guitar player, odds are he might be playing the role of Ben, which a casting notice went out for way back in June 2013, and whose name has already been spotted on a May 2014 script seen in the Jen Lilley/Meredith Scott Lynn "Days" rap video.
If Gaston is indeed Ben, this is how the casting notice from June 2013 described the character: "Ben is in his early-to-mid 20s, a midwestern or southern (very slight southern accent) country boy. He is utterly charming in his honest sincere approach to life and love. Ben can also sing and/or play the guitar, though it is not necessary. The role is a contract role."
Gaston started his career as a model and first came into the spotlight in 2008, when he appeared as a contestant on the reality show "Nashville Star." You can watch his performances on that show of "Hey There Delilah" and "Drops of Jupiter" here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzqTWukuxMs and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LS51vdYU08
Also in 2008, Gaston appeared as a guitar player on "Hannah Montana", where he met and briefly dated the star of that show, Miley Cyrus. In 2009, he appeared as a football player on the pilot episode of "Glee." In 2010, he appeared on the Hulu web-series "If I Can Dream", which focused on round-the-clock coverage of the daily lives of Gaston and other aspiring stars. He also was the opening act for "American Idol" winner Kris Allen. More recently, he has appeared in the film "Game Change" and made appearances on the TV series "Single Ladies" and "The Client List." On September 22, 2012, Gaston married "The Young and the Restless" actress Melissa Ordway. Justin Michael Gaston, 25, was born on August 12, 1988 in Pineville, Louisiana.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the casting call that appeared to be a Chad recast was "Derek." That casting call went out in April and was suppose to shoot in July. I think that was scrapped, but, given the situation with Abby and E.J., you could see where the Chad recast would fit in the story.

I guess it's possible they could still recast but the "Ben" casting call went out in early June and will be appearing in late February, while the "Seth" recast was announced in mid July and premiers this week. It looks like they nixed Chad.

Archived