GH50: January 2014 Discussion - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

• Members

You can like it all you want. I'm ok with that. I have gone over it countless times why this does not work FOR ME. Ava as a menacing mobstress whining over her teen lover is stupid.

Again, I honestly don't care if you like it. That is your right. The "mob" story is horrendous on EVERY single level and Morgan/Ava just adds to the ridiculousness.

Remove Ava from this child, have her kill her brother and give her a man worthy of her!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I dont agree with your take on the ava/Morgan pairing chithappen but i respect your opinion. But as umprobable as the pairing seems to be i think both are each others chance at redemption. They both feel like outsiders within their own family and both are looking for someone that will make them a priority. And personally i dont care that the story doesnt make sense (your word not mine though) i think their chemistry makes up for the story plotholes. I cant say the same for about half the other couples on the show at the moment.

Any idea who would be a "man worthy of ava"? Im honestly curious and not trying to make fun of you but who in port charles would be worthy?

• Members

Ava should not be "redeemable." They should not be looking to make Ava into some sort of emotionally-driven, divided character. She can be an antiheroine, she can have layers and emotions, but she has to be dark. She has to be scary. That's what MW is very good at here. And she can run for a long time on that material - Carlo Hesser did on OLTL, Alex Olanov, some of the earlier Jeromes on GH did - but she has to do what she's good at.

When she was seducing and manipulating Morgan I had no problem with that. I even had little issue with her falling for him. But Morgan should not come before her or her agenda or her power. Nothing does for her. Watching a tortured, twisted romance with a young stud is one thing, but watching them moon and cry over each other like regular folks doesn't work. I don't care whether they go on dates or end up together, I care what Ava does to Port Charles and what her [!@#$%^&*] around with Morgan does to his loved ones, and if they have hot sex scenes, great, but it can't be about "twoo wuvv". It's ridiculous that Ava is pulling a gun on Julian for doing the same [!@#$%^&*] they've been doing for years. This is her business. And Ron wants to have it both ways - he wants to have a "cool" vixen people like, he wants her to do crazy [!@#$%^&*] but he doesn't want her to have to be written out. So he keeps trying to thread the needle and make her into just another antiheroine. Ava is not that. She's dangerous and she's bad news. Write her for what she is and she still doesn't have to go anywhere for a long time. The longer this goes on the less and less I take the Jeromes seriously as a threat, and it's too bad because they came on with a relatively smart strategy. And it's not like Sonny is some genius.

• Members

I don't see what criteria there could be for a man to be worthy of Ava or what she is that requires worthiness. Sonny? Scott Baldwin? Duke? What qualities does the worthy candidate need to possess? She's got a weakness and its name is Morgan. That's her character and is just another dimension added on to the stereotypical Fatale that she was initially created to be.

I agree she should not be redeemed. What it should or could be is a finite story where they fall in love and one of them dies for the other. That sticks with their Romeo angle and would set up good story for the families later on. It would be a great story if Sonny went to kill Ava and killed Morgan by accident, and an acceptable story if it was Julian who killed Ava. Morgan dying is the better story though. Not every couple has to be Bo and Hope on TV for 400 years.

I liked Duke today a lot. He finally got a little POV about his experiences these last 20 years. Well, last year really, he didn't address his years in prison. He has been emasculated and rendered impotent by Faison, Julian and Anna even though she didn't mean to.

• Members

Ok after watching todays show heres what i have to say:

1).suzann flynn should be banned from ever holding a pen again and never approach a.keyboard again.

2) morgan dumping ava via text is all on sonny who has shown he is just as low a piece of scum as jillian is. He shows absulutly no regard for the way his son feels unless said son is named michael. I figure morgan knew he couldnt convince ava he was done with her if he went to see her face2face. Thats all ive got cuz flynn cant write to save her life.

3) after today i am more convinced that the root of avas character has to do with her adopted family. She isnt turning on jillian simply becuz he threatened her boytoy. shes turning on him becuz hes cutting her from the decision-making process and thats what is ticking her off. Yes she does feel something for morgan but at the core had jillian and her discussed things and the next course of action she wouldnt be that upset. She has to have suffer something similar with her adopted family.

4) psycho alert. The crazy didnt fall too far from the whackjob tree where rafe is concerned. I was shocked that molly sided with tj for once. I still think theyre as appealing as burnt toast but at least i didnt wanna kick her in the face for once.

5).loved IB and FH today. Glad to see they were allowed to act somewhat passionate for once. I know theyre over 50 but theyve been acting like senior citizen in a old folk home for far too long.

6) gawd was ER beautiful today. I was indiferent to lulu before she stepped in and i am glad jmb is no longer boring the [!@#$%^&*] out of me.

7) someone remove the damn broomstick stuck up natty mcborings cute ass cuz i really cant enjoy the pretty when its that stiff.

8).sam needs a female bff stat. and kemo is definitely checked out in most of her scenes these days. Hard to get invest in a story when the main actor in the story look like theyd rather get a root canal. Is kemo planning to exit at the end of her contract?

• Members

Why would Sonny show any regard for the way Morgan feels? An enemy came to town and began attacking Sonny, yet Sonny, a "mobster" should let is son continue in a romantic relationship with one of his enemies? It does not work that way. Morgan cannot have it both ways.

I'm sick of this "story" and need it to end now. Morgan and Ava as star crossed lovers makes me want to vomit and crazy glue moRon's hands inside his mouth!

• Members

Craptini are idiots. They received good Twitter feedback, and voila, you have star crossed lovers with these 2. I truly believe Ava was supposed to mess around with Morgan only. How do you think Brik came to be? Not that I mind them, but Nik went from obsessing over Liz to instantly being in love with Britta all because they got positive feedback on Twitter. They were headed for Nik/Liz/AJ and that was clear. There are several reasons moRon needs to stay off of Twitter. He always alters his course depending on which Twitter feedback he chooses to accept.

Both idiots totally ignored the positive feedback with CarnAj because they are not deviating from Francly. If it involves a pet, you better believe they are going to go with the feedback that best benefits them.

• Members

RC is his own worse enemy, I don't believe for one bit that Ava/Morgan are in love with each other, lust yes, and Ava using him to get under Sonny's skin

I remember Nikolas practically panting over Elizabeth, and then there was Carly and AJ, but I like Nik and Britta, though it's so rushed

• Members

You can tell CarnAj was the plan [when it was believed that RH would not return], but once Roger returned, CarnAj had shocking positive feedback. Craptini then went out of their way to make certain to keep Carly's scenes with AJ to a minimum and then eliminated their scenes altogether.

Archived