We Love Soaps: Best and Worst of 2013 Daytime

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought it was a better list than most, though I wish that Kelley Missal, Erika, and the Cassandra story were mentioned. But hey, it's a lot more than everyone else.

I know Dan Kroll loved the new AMC, and that show is very close to his heart. So I'll have to find out what he said over at SOC.

• Members

Actually, I think Jerry ver Dorn was mentioned as WLS' pick for Best Supporting Actor.

Compared to the other soap blogs at least WLS is trying to be fair and not let biases overtake the coverage. I actually agreed with some of the picks and I think the worst trends was spot on. Unnecessarily connecting characters by blood and telling, not showing storylines have become a new (and unfortunate) soap staple.

• Members

I agree with some things on their list but I could've sworn that Y&R showed the Rose/Hilary story through flashbacks. The whole Mariah thing started recently she's on her way to town. Her story wasn't even told yet. I'd have picked damn near every love story on GH as the worst offenders of telling not show because none of them were onscreen.

And Anna Devane was far from a bad ass. Most annoying character was Kiki on GH hands down.

Weddings must've been lacking this year if Mac and Felicia got best wedding

Archived