When Long Ago Characters Resurface.

• Members

applcin I completely agree. Although I have to say as someone who didn't know Anna from AMC, I welcomed her to the show. Where the show missed up was the fact that Finola, who I think is a terrific actress, really could not play twins -- there was very little difference between them (a bit like Jacob/Jesse on The City.)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed. I was in the same boat in that I knew who Anna was and knew only the most basic bits and pieces about the character as I hadn't watched GH. I did like seeing Anna on AMC, and I enjoyed the relationship she had with David. I liked Alex and Dimitri too, but it felt like for a while there the writers just had no idea what they were doing - was Alex really Anna? Was Dimitri really dead? How many times can we fake Dimitri's death whille we wait to see if Michael Nader gets his act together?

I thought the whole twin explanation and false memories was really rather lame, to be honest, but then again, had it come out that Alex really WAS Anna Devane, I would have been bothered by the idea that she had no knowledge of who she really was and apparently thought "Okay, I'll just go to med school."

I think the only place in which FH sold me on twins was the relationship with David - Alex hated him and barely tolerated him and Anna eventually fell in love with him, and I could tell a difference when they interacted with him, but it was nowhere on a David Canary sort of level when you could tell a difference between Adam, Stuart, Adam pretending to be Stuart and Stuart pretending to be Adam.

Archived