Democrat/Rebulican Without a Cause

allmc2008

• Members

Have you ever ran into someone who tends to vote or support one candidate or party but should be on the other side?? A lot of my relatives are that way. Most should be full fledged democrats but they are either too stupid to form there own opinion so they vote according to there spouse or there parents.

For example, my grandmother has always been a republican yet and is proud to say it yet she can't pay for all her meds and doctor bills if her life depends on it, She is a bleeding heart to everyone and will always forgive you (especially with her brother who stole countless items to pay for his heroin and cocaine) and she supports Gay Marriage and possibly Abortion.

I have several aunts on welfare and medicare and make minimum wage and complain about how they can't get a better job or a better lifestyle (Which is true. Life treats them terribly) yet they are complaining about Obamacare.

Anyway, does anyone have any friends/relatives/acquaintances that are like that?? I am sure there are people who are the opposite, were they should be a rebuplican but seem Democrat.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can understand why a wealthy person would be a republican. The party of low taxes is very appealing to someone fed up paying a lot of them. I have met a few people who didn't go to college and they all share the same traits: hate yuppies, hate hipsters, hate PC, assume everyone of those groups looks down on them and they are all liberal, therefore they have no patience for liberals.

• Members

Not to say that I disagree with their staunchly Democratic stance, but my family's main reason for sticking with that party has a lot to do with how the policies have benefitted their native country over the years. There's a lot of goodwill there (especially via the Clinton regime) that influences their POV on who they prefer to see in running the country that they've emigrated to.

Archived