B&B: Brooke & Bill spoiler

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was a big part of the show because "Belief" got her 51% of Forrester at one time, I 'believe.' LOL. I have no problem with a female character expressing or using her sexuality the same way as a man, but Brooke has been written as a shallow, dim-witted blonde and that's insulting with her background. Instead of Brooke's Bedroom, have her focus or at least oversee something in the lab, etc. However, I know B&B is all about camp and I'm sure the International audience, which can't be dismissed, would rather have Brooke doing lingerie in office than in a lab coat.

• Members

@DivineMotion Thanks for posting that scene. This just reaffirms why I hate what they did with Brooke. After Eric and Widge stabbed her in the back, she should have ripped them to shreds. The "three" Forresters (Eric, Stephanie and Widge) are selfish, narcissistic and, frankly, mean people. I'm glad two of the three are gone (though I loved SF's acting). Honestly, Eric should be killed off - he's pointless. Brooke should be in charge of the Empire with her children and Thorne.

• Members

B&B has never been the most family oriented (at least, not in the ways that soaps like DAYS and ATWT were), but now that Stephanie and Ridge are gone, there's something that's so aimless about all these characters and where they're going. From Brooke/Bill to Liam/Hope/Wyatt (we get it, infidelity is going to happen at some point) to Maya/Carter (are they or aren't they engaged? do we or don't we know their last names) to Caroline/Rick. I dunno. B&B is in one of those limbo periods right now. One thing that's great is that they always bounce back. But usually they bounce back more quickly.

And Rena Sofer... ugh... unless she's sporting a New York accent, her voice is UH-NOY-ING.

• Members

Yes she has, or at least used to have. She has kept Brooke a (relatively) viable character for years.

She may not be the best actress in the world, but she has never phoned in her performance. She has always committed herself completely to every outrageous storyline she has had and done her best to sell it.

• Members

I totally agree. She puts 110% into all of her performances, no matter how ridiculous Brooke's man-of-the-month storyline is. She'll voice her frustrations but doesn't completely bash the material, as other actors would on social media.

And of course KKL has appeal. If not, she would've been written as an asexual character like Susan Flannery's Stephanie for 20 of the 25 years she was on.

Archived