GH50: August 2013 Discussion

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Personally, I feel very frustrated with Felix and Sabrina running around trying to do all this stuff to prove he is not the father, and at the end of the day, it’s none of their business. I bite my tongue every time these scenes happen. Inside I feel like, “Leave it alone. It’s none of your business.” It personally makes me want to believe it, and prove them wrong. (Laughs) I know that might not make sense for some people, but I can only go off of what my gut feels. I try not to bring myself into it, but in my world, if I can kind of connect to the material and what Patrick is going through, then I would tell them to butt out … and in less words than that! (Laughs

I have not watched air shows of GH in a while. I just don’t want to watch,

You just know Robin will come back into this. Patrick, by then, might be a polygamist with the way things are going with Sabrina and Britt! (Laughs)

JASON: (Laughs) He will be married to one, and one is living in the basement. But the door is open. She can come up whenever she wants, but no creepy [!@#$%^&*]!

• Members

Obrecht felt like a character from an Almodovar film in her wig, trying to poison someome at a a party and singing a dramatic song.

I feel the same way JT feels about the stupid nurses. Felix and Sabine are annoying and they are acting as though they own Patrick.

Let's hope that JT is not on his way out, these interviews where an actor says that he hates his story always worry me.

Is it wrong that I can't stand Lucy? She is always in an alternate universe and it is always about her.

Mac is so boring in a sweet way. I like having him around as a a character.

I was hoping for Felix and Sabine to drink the Obrecht poison all through the episode.

• Members

I noticed as well how much Mac and Felicia's party was more about Sabrina than them. I did enjoy the cheestastic karaoke between Mac/Felicia/Maxie. Could have done without Dante/Lulu. I'm just so bored by Rylan's Lulu.

It was a nice nod to the friendship of Mac/Felicia/Lucy/Kevin, but damn I don't ever remember being so annoyed by Lucy. She's WAAAAAAAAAY too more over the top than normal. That must be a Frank mandate, have everyone act as campy and as outlandish as possible.

Speaking of that, I just laughed at Dr. O swirling her drink plotting Anna's death as Mac/Felicia/Maxie sang. What a cartoon she is. In one fell swoop she went from a character with OK potential early on to now ... this. And it could all be so good if it was written with an ounce of actual real drama.

And I totally figured Duke would be the one poisoned. However, this all (plus Luke/Holly's Jerry Jacks drama) better lead to the Robin story being resolved because I would care a [!@#$%^&*] ton more about all of this if it happened around the Nurse's Ball like it should of. Ron's so predictable but in a bad way. He's easy to figure out where he's going with stories.

I forgot about Ellie. LOL. This cast is soooooooooooooooooo big.

Felix isn't much of a character but he's much more tolerable without Sabrina. I like his friendship's with Lucy, Carly and Liz FAR better (x1000) than with Sabrina and that's without much substance. Imagine if Ron wrote with just a tiny bit more substance and less like an over the top camp fest. Which could be fun if there was actual depth involved. Meh.

It was a fun episode but it wasn't very good which I hate typing on a daily basis. And I try so hard to find the good and enjoy moments.

Finola Hughes looks fantastic, totally agreed. I'm glad they're finally using her again, even if it is this nonsense.

It was nice getting a break from certain characters (I see Ava and the new pet 'Derek' are on again tomorrow. sigh).

• Members

I don't think Rylan is aweful at all. JMB was a soul draining wretch as Lulu, so I think it may be time to retire the character. Dante has been tied down too long. This is a soap and happy marriages should not be ongoing like this, especially for a young couple. Lulu needs an edge, and Marcy is not the person to provide that. Then you have to look at the interest in characters that are not FrankenTodd, Silas, Kiki or Ava, and you've established the biggest problem. There is no interest in the real GH characters, so all of them are more than dull right now.

• Members

I have to say that out of all of the things Britta has done, yesterday had to be the most disappointing she's ever been. The "writers" screwed up big time yesterday. KT is a really good actress, and she plays the beats of this character very well. However, taking the character backwards was a huge mistake. The vulnerable side of Britta was great to see and Kelly got the audience on her side. Why not ride out her guilt as opposed to her reverting back to "getting Patty" because zeeeee plan iz verking? That was a huge mistake. Britta was so happy when she realized Patty does not hate her. What a huge disappointment! Ugh!

And I'm truly at a loss here because who's Norma and the other drag, and why are they significant to anything? Why was it a surprise?

Archived