allmc2008

Antenna TV Thread

9 minutes ago, All My Shadows said:

I wish! MeTV brings Cannon and the Fugitive back every now and then, and they've shown Streets of San Francisco in the past, so I'm not sure why they've never given Barnaby a go.

I really do think they're daytime lineup works best as a mix of the westerns, medical, and crime/mystery series, but it's time for a bit of a shake-up, at least for the westerns. Even if they were simply moving a weekend western to weekdays (which they will be doing next week with Wagon Train). I LOVE Gunsmoke. I could literally watch it all day. The fact that, through all of TVLand's attempts to be hip, it remains an integral part of the lineup, not only airing daily but airing MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY - it blows my mind. I appreciate the fact that MeTV has gone to airing the black and white episodes during the week, but I think they'd do well to cut it down to one airing a day, paired with a Rifleman. Free up the hour before that for another crime/action/mystery in the morning, and then add in a block of family dramas or even primetime soaps to take you through the late afternoon. Something like this:

8:00AM: BEN CASEY

9:00AM: MARCUS WELBY, M. D.

10:00AM: BARNABY JONES

11:00AM: HAWAII FIVE-O

12:00PM: GUNSMOKE

12:30PM: THE RIFLEMAN

1:00PM: WAGON TRAIN

2:00PM: RAWHIDE

3:00PM: DYNASTY

4:00PM: T. J. HOOKER

5:00PM: ST. ELSEWHERE

Then I'd make everything after that through midnight sitcoms.

I love this. I'd add Hill Street Blues in, too.