OLTL: Week Of July 1, 2013 Discussion

• Members

I actually wouldn't be shocked if they dug her up at some point. Viki's throwaway line of "Oh Allison had you? Well gotta run & check in the banner" was the show's low point for me. And they need to address it so my mother will stop emailing me on a weekly basis asking how Victor got away from Allison Perkins. I say we don't know, she responds but how can they not tell us- every week since ep 3. I am about to give her Jeff K's email.

The show needs a villain. Dorian is a fun conniver but she's not a villain villain. Hopeful that some of the new cast will fill that void. I wonder if they even know though who they want to be the mastermind behind this whole thing.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I assume they do, and that it's one of the two dudes. But I do think Alison should appear, at least. She's a fan favorite and crucially tied to both the storyline and the cliffhanger.

• Members

I like edginess, I guess and OLTL is currently missing that. I like characters, like RJ Gannon, who say what they mean and we see them do it. I wonder, but am not sure yet, if we will see more dark/gray characters with some of these new characters they've introduced. I have a feeling they are warming up to it while I'm anxious to see them in action.

• Members

I do miss RJ. Despite the fact that he's been gone for quite awhile, I think he could fit back in easily with the Shelter scene & maybe warm some people up to it. I'm not holding my breath at all or thinking it will happen but its a return that I think could be done kind of organically that longtime fans would like. But I expect if they do bring back "fan faves," they'll go for more obvious choices.

• Members

To me too if I was writing. Bu I don't know I just feel like Jess (if they can get one of them), Marty, Alex since she's Cutter's mom, maybe even Kelly & Joey/Kevin might be more traditional choices for returns before RJ. Even though I think RJ could fit more easily in. But hopefully you're right & I'll be pleasantly surprised.

• Members

The thing is, that it has taken OLTL 10 weeks just to start moving major stories

Vctor/Todd

Viki/Dorian-Viki could end up jailed

Jack/Kate

The show was too focused on Matt/Dani/Jrff/Destiny. I like them but they have been the show. Hopefully we will get more balance of story progression

• Members

Yeah I would LOVE Andrew Carpenter and St. James rectory back, and of course Angel Square, why do I get a feeling Kate's apartment seems like it could be in Angel Square or near it?? I would also love Serenity Springs, Logan's, the diner (hell have it be the Buenos Dias)

• Members

I definitely agree that Viki's real kids are at the top of that list along with the Cramer women provided they can get one of the millions of actors who have previous portrayed those any of those characters. (Really, think about it. How many actors have portrayed Jess, Joey, Kevin, Cassie and Kelly? laugh.png ) But I definitely think that RJ/TDS is in the top ten or fifteen.

Based on some of his recent comments about RJ on FB (nothing major, mind you, just walking-down-memory-lane stuff when someone posted him a YouTube vid), I think he would be open to returning provided he knew the character would actually be written for.

• Members

I miss Andrew- I'm not sure I need story for him at this point in time but his presence was always a warm one and St James and Angel Square helped make you really be able to envision the town. Oh I so miss St James at Christmas. But we'll need to start sending donations to PP for all those sets- hopefully we'll get a few new/old ones. Though maybe not Serenity Springs given we have a joint nail salon/tattoo parlor already- I'm sure its a spa too.

Your ability to work Jack, now Kate into almost all your comments amazes me. Not criticizing- just super amused.

• Members

I have to admit that while, I understand the reasoning, I question the wisdom of OLTL making the Tale of Two Tattooed Todds a front burner story when both of the actors involved were and are unable/unwilling to commit fully for a significant stretch. Like I said, I know why they did it but perhaps they shouldn't have. Granted, AMC is in kind of the same situation with Bianca/ER but she's only one actor/character in a story that focuses mainly on someone else (Miranda). OLTL wrote a story where the two characters who are at the heart of it can't be around. That's a creative snake bite.

Archived