OLTL: Week Of July 1, 2013 Discussion

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, I personally felt that was all they really had in them story-wise. I loved Cat Hickland and Lindsay and I liked her in a supporting role later on, but I honestly felt she had run her course story-wise following the murder of Sam, which was a great showcase for her.

• Members

Rumor has it that if PP never revived OLTL, Frank & Ron wanted to bring TW on and have GH vets say Olivia and Todd etc say ALEX? It was rumored that GH's Olivia was shot & Killed was Faked. She was sent to witness protection and Alex O was a fake name she used to protect herself

• Members

I expect both shows would love for her to appear, and I have no doubt she would have as Alex had Ron's OLTL gone online last year - they were setting that up very clearly. I would love to see Alex again, but I don't think she's needed at this particular moment so she might as well appear as Olivia on GH in the meantime. I just don't know what would be left of the scenery between her, Maura West and Roger.

Incidentally, I've said this before but Kelley Missal's comic timing is as brilliant as her everything else - I'm watching "Thursday's" show and she is absolutely hysterical ripping into Michelle in a passive-aggressive way and bouncing around the club to intentionally careen into the lovebirds. "We thought you were a real ballbuster! Crazy, yeah! I love your outfit, what is - that?" She's not just Susan Haskell or Melissa Archer's successor, she's also Andrea Evans's.

• Members

Tonja as Olivia Jerome would be interesting if she didn't turn everything into a bad joke. With the hambone Howarth and Fire Marshall Bill-esque Ava there, and of course Ron, that won't happen.

I don't care about seeing any version we saw of Alex in OLTL's last fifteen years, but if she could be like she was in the early 90s I'd want to watch.

• Members

I edited the above so as to post this below Carl's that came up while I was typing:

All in all, "Thursday's" show (I'll grow out of that eventually) had the same great stuff OLTL is good at and the same separate issue otherwise - very good character work and sense of community, while not a lot of urgent movement on the only really urgent storyline on the show (Tattoo You). Which is not to say the other stories are boring or bad, because they're not - they're just slower builds, while the tattoo storyline needs to be more fast-paced and action-packed, and isn't at the moment.

I loved the stuff with Nora the Nightbird, and everyone sitting around town listening to the show. The stuff with Matthew and Destiny locking eyes over that was really wonderful, really subtle stuff, underplayed and emphasized just right. There are so many permutations in the youth set - Matthew and Dani over Michelle, Matthew and Destiny, Matt, Jeffrey and Des, Dani's budding connection with Bandini - that I think it's still some of the strongest material on the show. I can't fault them for focusing in on Dani or this other stuff because it works. So you had a great sense of a night unfolding for these people, and a sense of the town and the people, but did plot move? Not that much. And that was fine for them IMO, in the case of this story anyway. They're just getting started.

Bandini and Dani's scenes were actually quite good IMO, as was his somewhat off-kilter monologue about Briana - that's the kind of stuff you don't get from traditional soap dialogue writers, certainly not anymore anyway. I thought Paolo Seganti played that well. I still think he's bad news and hopefully tied into the tattoo plot, but I find the likely dangerous connection with Dani to be very intriguing and very watchable. They work well together. Bandini is Dani's latest escape.

Natalie and Clint's scenes were really lovely. Him talking about forgetting that he didn't raise her was perfect. And Destiny and Jeffrey are very sweet and easy - Laura Harrier both lights up and relaxes around Corbin Bleu.

I'm not sure what is going on with either Cutter or David - it's all too realistic that a manwhore like David would eventually grow weary of his crazy life with Dorian, but they haven't exactly explored their issues quite enough yet for my taste. I expect they will soon but I hope it goes somewhere other than just a) humiliating Dorian or B) having Rama remain nothing but David's lovestruck groupie forever. If David and Rama are going to have an affair, fine, let them have it. Just delve deeper. The actors are there and they're good - let it play more.

Cutter, we'll see what the deal is.

• Members

Wasn't she hysterical? Who knew she was funny as hell when she was singing that awful Together song in themusical and mooning over Nate and crying and yelling all the time? Who knew?!? I remember calling her unnecessary a million times in 2010 out of probably some misguided loyalty to the 2000-2003ish? version of Starr. I am so happy to be SO wrong. Her accidentally on purpose dancing into them and the Nightbird stuff on Thursday are I think my favorite scenes of the show thus far.

• Members

Cutter's deal is that he's involved in the drug ring at Shelter, and that's been hinted at when he asked his employee Dean during the second episode of OLTL 2.0 if he sold Dani any drugs, and Natalie saw Dean give a stash of drugs to one of the club's DJs before the blackout occurred, and Nikki grilled Cutter accusing him of sleeping with Briana, which Cutter said that he never slept with her when she was alive after she saw him get a bit emotional during Briana's memorial service (where he also told his employees Dean and Diego to not have any drugs present during the service) at Shelter and he cooperated with Bo during Briana's murder investigation by giving him the copy of the receipt from Briana's boyfriend Jason, who she was cheating on Arturo with before her OD.

• Members

Yes, we know all of that about Cutter, thank you, because we watch the show and see the PR just like you do, CBRVA. But what we don't know is where it is going, so next time, please don't recap everything I already know for me just because you are obsessive about it.

Archived