2006 Olympics: Canada Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm horrible with a lot of the names (especially the foreign sounding ones), but the lady's name was Marie-France somethingorother. The duo withdrew from the competition right before the free skate began tonight. From what I've read, she was having difficulty even walking today, she'd bruised her hip that badly.

• Members

Good day for Canada!

2 Golds and 1 Silver

-Cindy Klassen in 1500M wins her 4th medal of the Olympics. She won gold in this race.

-Kristina Groves in 1500M wins her 2nd medal of the Olympics, picking up the silver.

-Chandra Crawford suprised EVERYONE and won a gold medal in the Cross Country Skiing Women's Spring event.

Canada is now 4th in the medal count with 17 Medals.

In addition the Men's Curling team defeated the United States, ensuring at least a Silver medal finish at the Olympics as they will face Finland in the Gold Medal game on Saturday. The US will face Great Britain in the Bronze game.

The Men's Hockey Team is currently playing Russia to advance to the Semi-Finals. They NEED to win or they are OUT of medal contention!! It is currently 0-0 late in the 2nd!

The down part of the day was in Curling where the Canadian women lost their semi-final game to advance to the Gold/Silver game. They now will battle Norway for the Bronze.

• Members

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:( :( :( :( :(

• Administrator

I'm not surprised. Canada played HORRIBLE throughout the tourny. I can't believe they were shut out 3 times. :( :(

Staal and Spezza should've been on the team.

We better win it in 2010 though. Home Ice, baby. I'm already thinking of going to Vancouver in 2010.

• Members

I haven't been paying much attention to hockey during these Olympics but I decided to tune in for the Canada/Russia game...after a while of no scoring, I decided that the game was either going to continue being extremely boring or that Canada was going to lose. :(

Here's to hoping that the Vancouver Games will be WAAAaaay better.

• Members

I love hockey as much as the next person but I wish everyone would show some class and just get over it. The news has been bombarded with shocked reactions at the fact Canada didn't take the gold. Like the last few games haven't given people time to accept the fact that the team hasn't been all that great this year and we might have to prepare to lose... :rolleyes:

And the blame game is embarassing. Now we have Wayne Gretzky trying to take responsibility for the loss and crying like someone died. :blink:

• Members

I was very disappointed with the hockey result, but not a bit surprise. Only scored in one of there final 9 periods of the tourny..... and that was against the Czech/s and two of the three goals were soft. Better to happen in Italy then in 2010 when its on home turf. Aside from the hockey though Canada is kicking ass! Men's curling won gold this afternoon defeated Finland 10-4 in 8 ends..... so we now have 20 medals and 6 of them are gold, tied with Russia with 3rd overall and tomorrow Cindy Klassen goes for Medal #5 of these games, and medal #6 of her olympic career! Go Cindy!

• Members

Clara Hughes won the gold in the 5,000 metre speedskating race beating fellow Canadian's time of Cindy Klassen..... Cindy finished with the bronze for her 5th medal of these games.

We also I think picked up a bronze in the 500 m mens short track final. so 23 medals now.

Archived