2006 Olympics: Canada Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Gold in the moguls! I was watching those lol then had to leave for the afternoon and heard on the radio later that she won! I was pissed that I didn't see it.

15-0 over Italy was it for the womens hockey :lol: well no surprise there. The shots were like 65-5.... so that Italian goalie aint really that bad if you think about it lol.

GO CANADA

• Members

I'm hoping the USA and Canadian mens hockey (HOKEY) groups find themselves competing against eachother for a bronze medal. These groups have never played as a team together before getting here to the games. That is too late as far as I'm concerned and you can see it in their inept playing. These two countries have to get their act together and start training these teams to be teams before going off to the games.

The women are so much more interesting to watch because they are a team, go Canada!!!

• Members

Our 2 man Bobsleigh team of Lueders and Brown won Silver in today's competition and Cindy Klausen won Silver in the 1,000 metre speedskating event pushing our total now to 13 medals, good for a 3rd place tie with the Americans and Russians. With a week to go we are at 13 medals..... I think it is safe to say we will beat our record of 17 set in 2002 at Salt Lake. The mens hockey.... yeah this is becoming painful...... they better get their act together and quick! Finland I think now is the gold medal favourite.

• Members

My thoughts are with the Canadian ice dancer who had to be wheeled out on a stretcher after a disasterous fall during a lift-spin (and had to eventually be carried out of the results area). The girl hit the ice *hard* on her hip.

I thought ice dancing was supposed to be the wussy, fluffy skate sport. People were falling hard right and left. :blink:

Archived