Once Upon A Time In Wonderland: Discussion Thread

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Once Upon A Time In Wonderland

In Victorian England, the young and beautiful Alice (Sophie Lowe) tells a tale of a strange new land that exists on the other side of a rabbit hole. An invisible cat, a hookah smoking caterpillar and playing-cards that talk are just some of the fantastic things she’s seen during this impossible adventure. Surely this troubled girl must be insane, and her doctors aim to cure her with a treatment that will make her forget everything. Alice seems ready to put it all behind her, especially the painful memory of the genie she fell in love with and lost forever — the handsome and mysterious Cyrus (Peter Gadiot). But deep down Alice knows this world is real, and just in the nick of time the sardonic Knave of Hearts (Michael Socha) and the irrepressible White Rabbit (John Lithgow) arrive to save her from a doomed fate. Together the trio will take a tumble down the rabbit hole to this Wonderland where nothing is impossible. “Once Upon a Time in Wonderland” stars Sophie Lowe (“Beautiful Kate”) as Alice, Michael Socha (“This Is England”) as Knave of Hearts, Peter Gadiot (“The Forbidden Girl”) as Cyrus, Emma Rigby (“Hollyoaks”) as Queen of Hearts and John Lithgow (“3rd Rock from the Sun”) as the voice of the White Rabbit.

“Once Upon a Time in Wonderland” was written by Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz (“Once Upon a Time”), who serve as executive producers. Steve Perlman and Zack Estrin also serve as executive producers, and the pilot was directed by Ralph Hemecker. “Once Upon a Time in Wonderland” is produced by ABC Studios.

• Members

Emma Rigby? Wow. I didn't know she was over here. ABC rarely knows how to do drama (I assume Shonda's shows are run very tightly by her) these days, so I don't see it working out, but I hope it does.

• Members

Looks good, though I think it'd work better as a 6 hour mini-series instead of a tv show. Perhaps if the networks were still in the business of mini-series/tv movies then we'd have a lot less chance of shows running out of steam by season 2.

• Members

This looks really good. I see Tom from UK Being Human is on the show. I did not even recognize Emma Rigby. I have to agree that this does not feel like a long term series. It like will run into the same problems that OUAT and Revenge have had trying to sustain a 22 episode season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

What can you tell us about ABC's new Once Upon a Timespinoff, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland? — Emily, Provo, Utah

Some familiar Once characters will likely be crossing over into the new world. "I want to hang out with the caterpillar," saysJosh Dallas (Charming). "You know, have some tea, have some mushrooms." Emilie de Ravin, whose Belle remains in Storybrooke while her friends are in Neverland, may also be given a ticket to Wonderland. "I'm totally intrigued," says de Ravin, who confirms she remains signed as a series regular to the original show. De Ravin just so happens to top the wish list of Sophie Lowe, who plays Wonderland's Alice. "I love Beauty and the Beast so much I named my cat Belle," Lowe says.

Of course, there will also be new characters. "I've heard rumors that we're going to bring in another very famous male Disney villain who hasn't yet been seen in the Once world," says Peter Gadiot (Cyrus). "He's not from Wonderland but shares a tie to my character." Considering Cyrus is a genie, Gadiot must be talking about Aladdin baddie Jafar. Give that man a flying carpet!

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Kecks-Exclusives-Once-Upon-A-Time-In-Wonderland-1066232.aspx

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived