The Goldbergs: Discussion Thread

• Members

OK. I have not seen this show since the pilot because by the time the second episode aired the novelty wore off. I also noticed that they were using slang that wasn't used at the time but used today so it seemed like an oridnary sitcom but based in the 80s as a gimmick.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The show is honestly hilarious imo. I adore the show. VERY funny. I love all the nods to the 80s. Wendi McLendon Covey OWNS this show. She is sooooo good but I've always been a fan of hers.

It's getting modest ratings. I think ABC will renew it. I really hope so. Cancel the Neighbors and move it to Friday's after Last Man Standing (last night's episode I was laughing the entire half hour. Another well written hilarious show). Their ratings are virtually the same. Around 5-6 million and a 1.5-1.7 lately from what I've seen.

• Members

I think it would fit perfectly on Wednesdays. I wouldn't have to catch it on DVR every week.

I tried watching Last Man Standing and I found it awful. A half hour episode felt like an entirety. From what I read on TV Line's TV Death Watch, Last Man is not owned by ABC and it has a higher likely hood of being cancelled over The Neighbors which is owned by ABC.

• Members

It's funny because Deadline thinks LMS will get renewed and Neighbors remains up in the air and Suburgatory is nearly dead (why doesn't the CW pick this up?). I think the political snark and aspect of LMS can turn some people away but I find it so funny, albeit they sometimes do try a bit hard with the jokes. Although LMS has lasted three seasons, ABC would be stupid to not try and get it into syndication. I'd be really shocked if they cancelled it but not totally surprised because it's ABC. They clearly make stupid decisions (not keeping Happy Endings and airing Mixology? Seriously Paul Lee?). I don't see it being 'either or' in regards to Neighbors/LMS. But we'll see. ABC is hard to predict. And honestly, they have other holes to worry about LOL

And Goldbergs should have been on Wed from the start but stupid Paul Lee ... he's so stubborn and I think has just refused to bother moving it there.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived