The 100: Discussion Thread

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

The 100

Ninety-seven years ago, nuclear Armageddon decimated planet Earth, destroying civilization. The only survivors were the 400 inhabitants of 12 international space stations that were in orbit at the time. Three generations have been born in space, the survivors now number 4,000, and resources are running out on their dying “Ark” ─ the 12 stations now linked together and repurposed to keep the survivors alive. Draconian measures including capital punishment and population control are the order of the day, as the leaders of the Ark take ruthless steps to ensure their future, including secretly exiling a group of 100 juvenile prisoners to the Earth’s surface to test whether it’s habitable. For the first time in nearly a century, humans have returned to planet Earth. Among the 100 exiles are Clarke, the bright teenage daughter of the Ark’s chief medical officer; Wells, son of the Ark’s Chancellor; the daredevil Finn; and the brother/sister duo Bellamy and Octavia, whose illegal sibling status has always led them to flaunt the rules. Technologically blind to what’s happening on the planet below them, the Ark’s leaders — Clarke’s widowed mother, Abby; the Chancellor, Jaha; and his shadowy second in command, Kane — are faced with difficult decisions about life, death and the continued existence of the human race. For the 100 young people on Earth, however, the alien planet they’ve never known is a mysterious realm that can be magical one moment and lethal the next. With the survival of the human race entirely in their hands, THE 100 must find a way to transcend their differences, unite and forge a new path on a wildly changed Earth that’s primitive, intense and teeming with the unknown. The series stars Eliza Taylor (newcomer) as Clarke, Paige Turco (“Person of Interest,” “Damages”) as Abby, Thomas McDonell (“Suburgatory”) as Finn, Eli Goree (“Emily Owens, M.D.”) as Wells, Marie Avgeropoulos (“50/50“) as Octavia, Bob Morley (newcomer) as Bellamy, Kelly Hu (“X2: X-Men United,” “Arrow”) as Cece, Christopher Larkin (“Squad 85”) as Monty, Devon Bostick (“Aim High”) as Jasper, with Isaiah Washington (upcoming “Blue Caprice,” “Grey’s Anatomy”) as Chancellor Jaha, and Henry Ian Cusick (“Lost,” “Scandal”) as Kane.

Based on the upcoming book series by Kass Morgan, THE 100 is from Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Alloy Entertainment, Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios with executive producers Matthew Miller (“Human Target,” “Chuck”), Jason Rothenberg (upcoming “Twilight Zone” feature), Bharat Nalluri (“Torchwood,” “Emily Owens, M.D.”), Leslie Morgenstein (“The Vampire Diaries”) and Gina Girolamo (“The Secret Circle”). The pilot was directed by Bharat Nalluri.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Lindsey Morgan has landed a role on The 100

tumblr_mioytbsE171rhvwvxo1_500.jpg

She'll play Raven, who the show describes as "smart, skilled, and fiercely determined."

Raven is "the youngest mechanical engineer the Ark," the spaceship that holds the remaining members of humankind, has seen in 52 years. "Upon learning about the 100, a group of delinquents sent to Earth to find out if it's habitable, she's desperate to be reunited with her friends on the ground."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Members

I watch it as a guilty pleasure but Mary Sue Clarke gets on my last nerves as does poor tortured Bellamy who's love of his sister seems to be an excuse for everything. I truly enjoyed his hallucinations of all those people kicking his ass. And no one asked him to be a leader so I don't care about his the weight of the world is on my shoulders crap. He and Clarke are terrible leaders anyway.

I'm miss Wells who was killed off too soon while the dull likes of Jasper and Finn got to live simply because the EP liked the actors. Wells was the voice of reason, a rational thinker, and had a lot more potential. His death amounted to nothing anyway when they had Charlotte commit suicide in a cheap cop out. I didn't feel sorry for her one bit despite the show trying to garner sympathy for her.

The love triangle of dull is dragging Raven down as a character. I get that Finn is all she has but I'm already tired of her pining for that cheater. She is too smart and strong for that. And no Clarke is not noble for stepping aside.

I hated Octavia in the beginning but she's started to grow on me in recent episodes.

I do enjoy the stuff on The Ark which is actually better written then the ongoings on the ground.

• Members

Here I go... FINALLY back so my new favorite poster... chick and I can discuss this series on a weekly basis! I actually really enjoyed the episode Unity Day episode. LOL, see I'm one of those people that absolutely love Bellamy & Clarke... I wasn't expecting to since I really enjoyed Clarke & Finn but even before Raven came down and they started this dreaded triangle... I saw a shift in me when Bellamy & Clarke had scenes or shared looks. I'm not one of those crazy fangirls, I promise. I like them but I will call a spade a spade even if it is of my favorite character or 'ship.

I definitely agree with you about the triangle too... Raven is awesome and I am glad LMorgan bounced back after being let go from GH. She has that CW/ABCF appeal. I wish she just threw up a big 'F' You. She's beautiful and there are plenty of fish on the ground right now so she needs to focus on being a bada** and doing her.

Ok... I liked more and more of getting to see the Grounders. I've been intrigued since the get go and I'm really curious about how they've been able to stay there for all this time while the rest of civilization was in space. This is absolutely crazy to me. I wish we had a Grounder-centric episode.

Dichen was awesome... I have such a weird relationship with her and her characters but I'm done with Anya... Princess Grounder. That exchange between Bellamy and Raven had me cracking up about how Clarke has that effect on people. I am curious about who else tried it with the Grounders because obviously they aren't still around.

Oh, I agree with you about The Ark... now. I was so bored with the Ark in the beginning but now my thought process has changed SO MUCH! From that crazy lady trying to assume power to Jaha being a total bad arse and breaking down about his son being killed. R.I.P. Wells... gone too soon even though he got on my nerves initially. I think they have been slaying Ark scenes as of late and I could not be happier!

Sidebar: Is it wrong that I get happy at how many Australian talent they have on this show? I think it is really cute.

Back to the show... Why give a possibly trigger happy PTSD victim a gun? I mean really? Who thought that was a good idea? I would love to lop Bellamy upside the head for that one.

Also chick, I love you, but you crack me up. I don't think Eliza is the greatest on here, I mean this is The CW... they don't really have standards when it comes to acting... they have the pretty protocol. I hope she continues to grow. But I like her well enough. I'm always here for Octavia (I adore Marie, who I thought was the best thing about the short lived drama, Cult) and Bob was a surprising find and I look forward to seeing more about him.

Ok, I know I went back and forth and veered off a beaten path... sorry! I just love this show and I have jumbled thoughts/feels etc.

• Members

Eliza is too cookie cutter YA lead for me. It doesn't help that the American accent she puts on for this show sometimes reminds me of TVD's Elena. And Clarke's entire holier than thou aura reminds me of Elena as well. And I wish they would stop with the princess crap. Its kind of demeaning especially when you're trying to make your character out to be some strong woman.