GH50: Discussion for the week of May 6 - 10

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bobbie - Ehhh... Good mom. Could of been more supportive of Lucas.

Felicia - Ditched her kids; bad mom.

Elizabeth - Overall good mom; has some flaws.

Laura - Left her son with nutjobs, didn't worry/mention/care about him. BAD MOM.

Olivia - Lied about her son's father and let him hate his own father without knowing, other than that she was good. Ok Mom.

Lila - I'm amusing good.

Alexis - Good mom.

Sam - idk

Anna - good mom.

Dr. O - horrible mom; abuses her daughter.

Monica - ehhhh

Robin - ok mom.

Carly - She could give two [!@#$%^&*] about her kids unless they're sick or missing. Marsistes is a better mom.

Heather - don't get me started.

tracy - horrible!

Helena - jesus take the wheel.

I don't have a life.

• Members

I dont think that makes any of them bad parents. No mother is perfect, not even in real life but these women were all decent and have done right by their children. The bad ones screw up their children's lvies with their selfish choices, neglect, verbal/mental abuse, choosing men over them, etc... These women tended to make their children a priority for the most part, mar some exceptions

Alexis...teenagers get bratty and angsty. Her kids were no different. She never made any major errors when it came to them

Anna's "death" was out of her control. From the 6 years we saw of her raising Robin, she was portrayed as a good mother

Liz was an awful wife and girlfirend, but she is a good parent. Had she ended up with Jason, Id take her off this list, but ultimately she didnt. I dont think her sleeping with Nik made her a bad mother. Ironically up until recently, she is one of the few mothers we actually used to see with her children on a regular basis.

Lila siding with Monica...Alan was a grown ass man at this point. I guess its true that we never saw her when she was raising him or Tracy but from accounts from them and what the show presented, she was a great mother to them

• Members

Alexis doesn't know how to parent. Her kids crossed the line from bratty awhile ago. Kristina ran someone off the road and instead of teaching her to take responsibility for her own actions she let the girl get away with it without punishment. Same thing with lying over who abused her. She was rewarding her with a trip to Paris. And Molly busted people out of jail and not a punishment was given.

Well Anna certainly wasn't a good grandmother last year when she spent her time chasing Puke rather then being their for her granddaughter after her daughter's "death". Like I said I didn't see enough of her raising Robin to judge her mothering skills.

Liz wasn't a bad mother for sleeping with Nik however leaving her kid in the hospital to go bang Nik was a very questionable choice.

I don't care how old Alan was what mother sides with the cheating wife over their son?

• Members

More reactions to the week (through Thursday) --

Loved Ava and Morgan's interaction, as well as Ava and Luke's. Love how Maura West was able to add even more meaning and layers with pauses, expressions, and other acting choices, especially with Luke.

Loved the old-school soap style for Thursday's cliffhanger as Morgan called Michael and the camera zoomed in fast on Michael's reaction. Great directing choice by Scott McKinsey.

The relish story is about the Quartermaine relationship and fighting for ELQ and the family legacy. About AJ wanting not to be a screwup and trying to prove himself. It's not just about a condiment. The search for Lauren Frank is about Quartermaine power struggle as well. Love that this show is about this family again. Such a great decision to bring back Sean Kanan and give him such a prominent role.

I could do without the show having NIk be shirtless all the time. He used to be really covered up.

Archived