Tyler Perry's 'Haves and Have Nots' on OWN

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It's inconsistent, because there was nothing to slowly (over the first three episodes) set up as to why Celine was so damn bent out of joint over Hannah touching Jim's things, her getting close to Kathryn or that the other former maid talk about her, behind her back.

It was all in that one long ass scene and that was it. We didn't even get follow up in another scene between Celine and Hannah. It was just dropped.

• Members

If it was old school anything, an after school special is more like it. I don't buy Joffrey as a counselor to anyone and Whyatt delivered every line the same. He's gross now.

My first complaint about Candace - who in the sam hell advertises snatch on a website using a picture that looks like she's in a mental institution? She looked depressed in that photo. These people behind the scenes - TYLER PERRY - need to think about these little things.

• Members

Joffrey lol

IDK, I liked the scene. I was sucked in by whether or not Wyatt was actually going to show some kind of interest in Jeffery, and that kinda kept me in suspense. The Candice revelation at the end was awful, but I like that TP at least had the sense to leave us with a real cliffhanger.

Also liked what I saw of Hanna and her blind date, though I thought it was too much too soon to reveal him as Benny's father and have her kick him out.

• Members

gawd...this show is so whack. I missed the first couple of minutes, but (luckily?) came in just as Celine was coming off her GlennCloseimpersonation and acting all hot and bothered Jim wouldn't give her another go. So...I guess this isn't Jim's first rodeo with some psycho hottie that can't get enough of his Johnson, huh?

The only good part was Hannah and Ben's dad. The younger crowd is so terribly bland and boring. When Geoffrey described Wyatt as "smart and kind" I nearly threw up. Look, he may have "hidden depth"---but dayum, other than not kicking the family dog, I haven't seen one even passably not assholio moment from the kid.

For my own shows, I've always said the suits need to stay out and let the writer's "vision" carry the story. This is the exception to the rule. Someone seriously needs to take TP by the hand and school him in what characterization and plot actually mean.

This is bad fan fiction that somehow got produced.

• Members

Dang, I knew Pilar, Selene must have had a fling with Jim in the past. She was dead wrong with that slave comment. What a bitch

Ugh back to them Cryer children. I have to admit though their scenes weren't that bad this week. Love that Wyatt and Jeffrey found out "Candy's" little secret

Did not see the twist with Benny's father. Only after did it hit me how much alike they look

• Members

Ha I just watched this episode--and spot on.

Wyatt is utterly completely unlikeable (and I usually feel sympathetic to the jerky troubled characters). Celine still in full on bitch mode (why did she get Hannah the job anyway?) And then just more of Tyler Perry's dialogue. The actual dialogue is bad enough but he doesn't seem to realize how to edit. Even the worse soap writers don't draw out everything with a question or comment.

"What do you think of me?"

"What do you mean?

"What I said--what do you think of me?"

"In what way?"

"In any way"

"Hrmmm."

"Well?"

(that's a direct quote. I mean c'mon maybe the episodes would be too short but you could cut half of that and have the exact same meaning. The poor actors must have to take sedatives on the set to maintain their pace.)

• Members

Maybe teens would talk that way in real life....but they're not teens. And the editing makes it sound way too stilted. You shouldn't hear crickets chirping between nearly each and every response either. There was one that seemed like five seconds long. That's forever in tv time. It's almost like Perry is leaving in space for a tv laugh track...only this ain't a comedy. At least not an intentional one.

I hate to sound like a downer all the time, so I will give one positive comment. If Tyler Perry does nothing more than relaunch Crystal Fox's acting career, that is a good thing. It's clear she deserves it.